No announcement yet.

Tige Touch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you guys. I wish it was cheaper. Here is the fun part for us. Vendor has a 3 year warranty on the screen, we have a 5 year warranty. So the last two years we pay full price for a screen to cover it under our warranty period. Believe me, we feel the pain as well.

The issue is the complete package. Yes a tough book screen could theoretically work but what do you do about the digital switching boxes? Which company is going to program the software and be liable for any issues that may happen? Most companies want to use an all in one supplier so there are no fingers pointed at the other company for not accomplishing something or supporting each other. Great example of this is GoPro. Murphy develops software with their tech team to work with the hero6. By the time Hero7 is out, GoPro has basically shut down their aftermarket development team. Now we have a screen that talks to the GoPro 6 but not one that works perfectly with the 7(or 8). In the end we have a customer who just wants his screen to connect with his brand new Gopro (that came out after we finished development on our software) and no tech team to help us out. Do we make our own device like a gopro that would cost 3 times as much but we would have complete control over how it operates and works with our system?

The Murphy screens (2015+ boats) have been pretty reliable. The 15-16 7" are the ones I have seen when they fail they go haywire. That is why I push for us to replace them when this happens. It's something in the CPU or on the board that causes the issue. So replacing the glass/capacitive touch portion like a phone wouldn't help with the issue. Now the medallion units on the other hand, yes, they should have a replacement screen. But we are no longer a customer of theirs so I do not see that happening in the future.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yah KoolAid, exactly as expected. Bound by the vendors. Lame, but a fact of life

Thanks for all you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X