Ballast Leak 2019 R23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    The female quick connect should spin freely on the male side. But it sounds like you need to loosen the hose clamp, let the female QC rotate in the hose, then retightned the clamp. Allowing the hose to rest in a more natural position with less pull on the sac and fitting.
    Yes, but they have done a good job of covering the hose clamp with heat shrink, so I’d need to cut it and get some the right size to put back on and shrink it. Is the heat shrink really needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess if done right, I might just be able to open the heat shrink were the screw head is[emoji848]

Comment

They use the head shrink to protect the sac from the sharp tail of the clamp. A few turns of electrical tape would do in a pinch.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          They use the head shrink to protect the sac from the sharp tail of the clamp. A few turns of electrical tape would do in a pinch.
          Got the 90deg elbows rotated, I’m thinking about making a false bulkhead in the local area of the drain to support the bag and keep the bag weight off the connector. Any ideas of making it? Thinking about 6inch diameter disc of plastic with some legs up against the side wall of boat.

Comment

Since my replacement bag wasn’t ready, I attempted to seal the leak up using super glue and it held up perfectly yesterday for a 2 hour surf session. I wonder how long it will last? Hopefully till the end of season.

My first attempt to seal it up was from the outside , but I was not able to get 100% adhesion around the connector, so the next day I was able to apply glue to the inside area of the drain connector through the vent hole. It worked very well and it had full adhesion around the entire circumference of the connector.

Comment

Working...
            X