No announcement yet.

Swing and a miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing that sucks is our best local dealer is a Nautique dealer, only local guy I would even consider dealing with..

Tige dealer is 100 miles away, which isn’t horrible, but if I continue to have to drag it to him 5 times a year, it can get pretty annoying, pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t have a problem with jet skis. Just 99% of the drivers��

Comment

Solid point! Same way guns aren’t the problem, the people who pick them up, are. People that jump on jet skis are the actual problem! And I think 99% might be giving the jet ski population too much credit. Closer to 99.9999999999999999%.. there had to be a guy with a brain on one, at least once!!

Comment

We were talking about Wetjets a few weeks ago. Worked with a guy who helped with that project.
          wetjet mc.jpg
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Wow! I’ve never even seen that model. I might be back in the jet ski game, if I come across one! I’ll be out following Nick around like one of the mosquitos trying to catch air 6’ from his rider!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              I mostly hate how they go out of their way to be "proprietary"....
              As I've said before, a common theme of most boat manufacturers is everybody wants an exclusive but nobody wants to go first. They are reluctant to consider new technology or features unless someone else has already proven that it works and is desireable - and then they want you to cut off your existing customers and give them an exclusive. Yeah, THAT's the way to create good business relationships!

I won't name names, but some are WAY worse than others in this regard. Fortunately some are starting to realize how crazy that policy is. And it's not like they can achieve it anyway, as you pointed out... Murphy makes all but one brand's helm systems, everyone buys pumps from the same couple of vendors, there's only one independent inboard engine manufacturer left anymore, etc. It's just not possible unless you OWN the technology (e.g. invented it in-house or bought it from the developers).

Comment

Working...
              X