Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ajbpilot;810135]
    Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
    Without PnP, I’d absolutely say it’s a storage monster.. we regularly take 12-16 in our crew, have a bunch of stuff on the boat, plus everyone else’s garbage, and have storage to spare. You put PnP in the back, story changes significantly.

Zackdogg,
    I too would love to do a side by side comparo. Especially with the 2020 rzx line able to be optioned out with less expensive but non-performance critical equipment. I don't know when the 2020 rzx's start shipping. That being said, I have been spoiled by Tige's excellent interiors and finish out. I would say as good or better than any other manufacturer. I went to the Dallas show last week and other than Nautique the others were pretty unimpressive. But who thinks the Nautique backend is at all useful. Unfortunately, I love the feel of the premium stuff. My brother had a 22v years ago (my first wake boat I took over) and when he saw the rzx the first time he was amazed. He just stared at it and said he could not believe how far they had progressed with the fit, finish and quality. So, some of my curiosity is how it/I would feel dropping those premium features. I'm sure it will still feel high quality as it will be like other Tige lines now which quite frankly are pretty nice. Even the non powered tower (can't remember the name) is a nice looking functional looking tower. Tige says the ZX line will be the premier line but just because you say the rzx line is NOT the premium line doesn't mean it isn't a premium boat. For instance, in a few other manufactures the rzx style IS the premium lineup. The 23ZX is a wonderful boat no doubt but as a Tige enthusiast I am very happy to see the company pushing the envelope (e.g. ATX) and improving the boats while offering good choices and options. Considering the lineup for 2020, you really can't go wrong. Lots of awesome boats and price ranges. A boat like the rzx3 with more affordable options but still having the performance stuff is very tough competition for any other boat, with any other name on it.
    I agree.. the fit an finish of the Tige is probably second only to Nautique. Which maybe the new Tige can compete with, I haven’t been on one. My dealer is 120 miles away, so I don’t spend a bunch of time in there. If you get out on a comparable rzx, let us know what you think!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=elevatedconcept;810137]
      Originally posted by ajbpilot View Post

Have a 23rzx here that has a standard tower, 400 motor and at the price point it’s untouchable....
      I’d have to see some serious results at a pretty decent altitude to consider a 400, but that’s not to say it wouldn’t do the trick. Just that I’ve learned my lesson.. I’d probably give up most amenities to take a supercharged motor, at this point. I’m down there a few times a year, I’ll stop in, when I’m around, to see what you’ve got laying around, for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't sleep on the 2:1 transmission. It is a complete game changer. I live at altitude and have been demoing a couple boats (new ATX and RZX2) both with the 2:1. Ballast full and 4 people in the boat and we were doing 30+. Friends have the first RZX3 done with the 2:1 and it planes out full ballast in 5 seconds or so. Really lessens the need for the 575 in the 23 footers.

Comment

[QUOTE=ajbpilot;810142]
          Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post

I have the 440 in my 2017.... how do you think the 400 will do with the extra weight of the rzx and will the fuel burn go up or down with the smaller motor pushing the same weights surfing?

and how do you guys get the quote box around the prior post???

I think it will be fine for surfing but not great if you want to fill it all up, wakeboard heavy and also cruise fast. Cant save the big bucks and have the best of both worlds. But a 400 propped way down will surf etc fine at altitude just wont cruise fast. If you want a crazy surf boat at a crazy price and you are fine doing going anywhere fast its a hell of an option. If you want a powerhouse that cruises fast and also can take heavy heavy weight then the 575 w/1.76 is still unbeatable.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
          X