No announcement yet.

Malibu 24 LSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both sides are good, but usually have to list a little more on goofy side to clean up prop wash.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smoothtoup View Post
      Sounds like I'm going lead. Going to start with 600#, at $1 per lb it gets expensive quick. Advice on placement?
      Very similar set up to what cnote mentioned. We run with 450# on each side under the bags, 50# in each activity locker, then we adjust with the other 200 or 300 (depending on conditions and how many people we are taking out) on the main floors. As you can see from cnotes pictures, it's a vast improvement the more weight you have. Once you get all the lead in the boat, it's just a matter of adjusting it around to get the right pitch and roll.

Comment

Smooth you definitely can get a much better wave out of your R23. Here's mine with 600 lbs lead in rear and 3 passengers in the boat. Both rear ballast plugged and full. 4 and 4 on taps and bow ballast 70 percent full. As you can see the wave is waist high. Add another 3 or four people in the boat and it's even better. If you get too much weight up front and nit enough in the rear the wave will flatten out like your pictureIMG_20190609_172337590.jpgIMG_20190609_172337590.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by smoothtoup View Post
          Sounds like I'm going lead. Going to start with 600#, at $1 per lb it gets expensive quick. Advice on placement?
          Another thing to think about is your prop. If you are running the 537, then as you add more weight you will find that prop to be lacking in hole shot unless you are keeping the bow way down, but keeping the bow down is giving up wave potential too. That is where I’m at in my 19 R23. I have 700lbs of lead and run with 8-10 people. I have to keep the bow down or the boat really struggles. I’m in the process of picking a surf prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X