Malibu 24 LSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malibu 24 LSV

Surfed/drove my buddies 2018. I have a 2018 R23.

His wave was unbelievable. 10.5mph, and the thing was about 4' tall. Screen shows 6-7 different pics from a long wave, to a steep one. Press the button and bam, wave looks just like that.

I know cost wise they are in different ballparks, but wave wise they are too.

Are you talking about a 247 LSV? I didn't think they had that model in 2018, but could be wrong.

Comment

Sorry, 24 MKZ. He said it's either a 17 or 18, he doesn't recall. Lol.

Comment

Did you ride it? Every SG Bu I've been on has been soft. Could you see over the bow when underway? The MXZ's and new Mastercrafts have unreal bow rise. I would never get to surf bc my wife wouldn't be able to drive! Agree that the wave looks strong, but its a different story actually riding it.....
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
          Did you ride it? Every SG Bu I've been on has been soft. Could you see over the bow when underway? The MXZ's and new Mastercrafts have unreal bow rise. I would never get to surf bc my wife wouldn't be able to drive! Agree that the wave looks strong, but its a different story actually riding it.....
          I literally was almost ran over by a bow high master craft on the 4th. This guy came within 7ft of our boat. Wish I had a beer in my hand to throw at his head!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comparing your R23 to a 24 MXZ is really apples to oranges. Have you been in a ZX5 or RZX3? Those are more comparable to the 24 MXZ. The waves on those boats will put the Bu to shame and as others mentioned, you'll be able to see where you are going!

Comment

https://www.malibuboats.com/news/201...for-innovation

^^Malibu says its for docking/trailering lol. We all know its so you can see where you are going

Id be curious to hear the answer to Blucas's question. Only one Ive ridden felt like more of a skim wave than a surf wave. Big and moundy but not a ton of curl.

Comment

free, interesting post on the docking camera. never thought of that and can't say I see the value in what that must cost but I'm sure some customers will check the box for it.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

If it's an option you have to get it right. I keep begging our retail/marketing guy to tape an iPad to the bow of a Tige and troll. That's why I'm a mechanic and not in marketing lol. We all know if you know how to dock/trailer your boat it is a gimmick. If you can trailer a 28' cabin cruiser at Turners at 11PM with nothing but the nav/anchor lights you dont need a "docking cam"

Smoothtoup, it's still killing me....did you get some pulls behind it??

Comment

I have not surfed an MXZ since the hull redesign, so I can not speak to this specific hull and surf wave. However, I have surfed a couple other gated Bu's. They produce a beautiful looking wave, but something about the wave is weird to me. Takes a bit to find the groove so to speak, compared to a listed or TAPS-3 or NSS boat.

Yes, they ride bow high unless you run a ton of bow weight or less aft weight.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, I rode it and drove it over 3 days. No discernible bow rise with all bags at 100%, no lead. In fact, I didn't even know it was an issue until you all mentioned that it used to be.

I did a few sessions and it had some major push. I sometimes ride a 5' 9" board and couldn't do the steepest wave because I kept going into the back of the boat.

I've only ridden my R23, Centurion, and this Bu. Centurion had a ton of push but not as clean as this Bu.

Only thing I didnt like about it was you couldn't turn in a particular direction depending on which side the surf gate was open on. Like, literally couldn't turn that direction. Luckily none of us ride goofy so I kept turning right to pick up a fallen surfer.

Here is my 16 year old behind it, he is 5' 8" and first started surfing 3 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/DExeVMmgzeM
                      Last edited by smoothtoup; 07-10-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Centurion wave. 21'

https://youtu.be/mRSTYB9NkUc

Comment

My crappy R23 wave (his first time ropeless 3 weeks ago)

https://youtu.be/bNIWccZbgxE
                          Last edited by smoothtoup; 07-10-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Surf gates are supposed to retract at idle speed and above like 16 or 18 MPH. So should not be an issue turning to pick up a rider, unless you goose the throttle a little bit and pick up speed, they will deploy again.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That's a bummer that you dont like your wave smoothtoup. You running any lead??

Comment

Working...
                              X