New surf platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gumby View Post
    Looks good!!! It's going to look great when you get the gator step on. I assume you got the bottom done as well? So do you feel like the line in the wave is from the platform or from the bracket? or a bit of Both?
    Yep everything is done except for paint and gatorstep.
    To me it looks like the platform is staying out of the way but the line is coming off right where the end of the bracket is. It isn’t too much of a problem we just have to get a little more list and it will go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got the platform painted black and the gator step style pad on the platform. It all came out really well. I just used an automotive spray paint. It might not have been the best option but looks great for now and if I have to I can easily touch it up. The pad I used was a sheet for $40 from some manufacturer over seas. The backing was not great but the pad itself seems really nice. I used contact cement to make sure it was adhered well on to the platform. Hopefully going to test it out tomorrow for the first time after paint and gator step.

Comment

Always nice to have a project wrapped up. Go out and enjoy it.

Comment

Looks awesome bro!! Good work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chugh2o View Post
            The goal here with the building of a new platform is to keep my stock platform intact and create a new one that will help the surf wave tremendously.
            The new one is about 4-5 inches narrower than the stock platform on each side
            I'm following here. So far, I like what I see. I am curious why this project is supposed to help with the wake so much? I saw that it was 4-5" narrowed from the stock deck. But not sure how that is supposed to help the wake??

Comment

The smaller platform stayed out of the wave more and had no lip on the bottom like the stock platform. This helped create a better shaped wave with a nice firm lip and much more push where as with the stock platform the wave felt mushier and not as clean at times.

Comment

How does the platform hold up to people standing on it? It seems like with a couple adults standing on it towards the middle it may bow on ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                  How does the platform hold up to people standing on it? It seems like with a couple adults standing on it towards the middle it may bow on ya.
                  No flex at all. Feels almost stronger than my stock one and is much lighter than the stock one.

Comment

Working...
                  X