Weak impeller on 2004 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cwhitman View Post
    I was just curious if this was common to other Tige' V Drives?? Maybe I just have a problem child?
    This is not common or normal. You do have a problem child. Some good ideas have been proposed, and I would try hard to get this fixed, as you may be creating some harm running the impeller dry for a few minutes every time. It sounds like you had a 'professional' take a look at it, but I think you need someone who is a little more cerebral.

I think revving the engine might not work for him because what he really needs is the scoop of the through hull to force water up to the impeller to get it primed.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I have the same boat, same year, same powertrain. Last year, I experienced the exact same problem after having the boat serviced and the impeller replaced. I spent hours trying to figure it out. I replaced the impeller 2 more times and still the same problem. I inspected the backing plate and the housing, no visible scars or wear marks. I was ready to replace the pump assembly when I gave in and brought the boat to a dealer for servicing. It turns out that Marine Power uses a unique pump with a non standard impeller. The servicing dealer identified that the incorrect impeller was installed at the last service and installed the correct impeller. PROBLEM SOLVED! Make sure you have the correct impeller.

Comment

Working...
      X