Lake Powell Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
    I would suspect a Z3 would get 10 GPH cruising at 30 MPH, so I think it is easily doable. Then just a couple of miles from Rainbow is Dangling Rope Marina, which has gas. I would fill up there, just to be safe.

My houseboat week used to be the first week of June. Weather can be variable, but is predictable, if that makes sense. The come out of nowhere 60 MPH winds don't usually happen in early June. Lake water temp is about 72 degrees then. I have seen 100 degree air days at that time and a day or two where the air didn't get above 70, once in the same week.

Seems likes 10GPH at 30mph is inline with this test and engine for the Z3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there are reason that everyone is recommending Wahweap Marina over Antelope Point Marina? They appear to be the same distance from Page...

Comment

I think it pretty much depends on where you stay. Wahweap has the campgrounds and resort right there so it makes sense to slip there if you're staying there. There's nothing at Antelope. If I was staying at a hotel in page then I would most likely use Antelope. And I would definitely use Antelope if the bypass was closed.

Comment

Watershed is high this year, so castle rock shouldn’t be closed.

Comment

Agreed, if you are staying in Page, I would launch at Antelope Point.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Does the ramp at Antelope or Wahweap for that matter have a daily fee for putting in/out

Comment

Either one will charge you once and the receipt is good for entrance for one week.
                I don't think you can use the pass between each other, so you might have choose one or the other.
                http://antelopepointlakepowell.com/m...entrance-fees/
                https://www.nps.gov/glca/planyourvisit/fees.htm
                Last edited by TeamAllen; 03-27-2019, 02:49 AM.

Comment

We need more Powell threads. Reading this gets me excited. My favorite place on earth.

Comment

So, I copied and pasted from the link above...Does this mean I will owe $60? or is the vehicle included with the vessel for $30???

Entrance Fees – Weekly
                    1-7 Day Vehicle Entrance – $30.00 Admits one single, private, non-commercial vehicle and all its passengers
                    1-7 Day Boating Entrance – $30.00 Admits one single private vessel
                    1-7 Day Boating Entrance additional vessel – $30.00 Admits one single private vessel on the same trailer as a vessel paying full entry fees

Comment

$60

Comment

My friend took this picture of the Antelope Point launch ramp last weekend. Looks like they are planning on a lot of Spring runoff.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Im not really hip to the scene down there but it really seems like with continued growing demand for that runoff upstream, and the need to generate power/maintain flows downstream this is going to be a problem in the long term. Would be neat to see the wild Colorado flowing thru Glen Canyon again some day. Guess I better plan a Powell trip sooner than later.
                          Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-02-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                            Im not really hip to the scene down there but it really seems like with continued growing demand for that runoff upstream, and the need to generate power/maintain flows downstream this is going to be a problem in the long term. Would be neat to see the wild Colorado flowing thru Glen Canyon again some day. Guess I better plan a Powell trip sooner than later.
                            There are about 2 million reasons to start with why Glen Canyon Dam should remain. That is how many visitors come to Lake Powell each year. If the environmentalists had their way, then the dam would be decommissioned and the Colorado would run through. Only the very most able bodied of people could then get into the canyon and very few would enjoy it. Depending on what happens with climate change, the low levels will be a chronic problem. The river is over-allocated is the main problem. The amount of water that was initially allocated to various municipalities and farmers is more than what has come through the river in the last 20 years.

This year is a wet year and the lake will likely rise 40 feet or more.
                            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

tall is spot on. river is overallocated. lots of studies show that in the next 10 years feds will step in and start managing the water. down side to that is if it happens arizona and nevada will be the big losers-screwed. cali owns most of the water rights from the river and are the last ones to lose any.

we get paid $3 per sq foot from the southern nevada water authority to remove grass and replace with native/desert/water smart landscaping. lots are doing it as everyone here sees the writing on the wall with water not to mention it's friggin expensive. wonder if LA residents are doing anything like this.
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                              X