No announcement yet.

Minneapolis Boat Show Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I get what you are saying. I dont know why in this day and age you would option anything less that 6.0L in these boats. FYI, Ilmors naming scheme is a bit confusing and backwards to me but the 5000 is an MPI 5.7L and the 5500 is a GDI 5.3L. Previous MC dealer in town sold a 5500 equipped XT22 to a family in McCall (5000 elevation), and they complain about it being low on power, SHOCKER! Trying to save a couple bucks in the engine department when ballast #s are getting so high is pretty asinine.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 01-29-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Regarding the Heyday... So I spend 65K on a boat that I have to carry my ipad down to the lake to connect to. BTW... I had an issue with my touchscreen, Tige dealer replaced immediately, I installed myself (it was easy) and was back on the water in no-time. At no cost to me (I didn't have to buy a new Ipad)… I guess if the boat was 40K that would be okay (maybe) but not when I can walk over to Moomba, and buy a Mondo or a Craz for darn near the same price, or a Tige for a little more. Just my two cents. Plus, the shape of the Heyday is something I just can't get my head around.... It's like your sitting in live-wells in the back. Maybe I'm just too damn old

NG572

Comment

interesting how heyday continues to hang around. credit to them for not giving up.
        varatti iirc are using the old gekko boat molds or a variant of them. old, outdated and should be put out to pasture.
        nautique are pimping for the millionaires. pavatti are pimping for the billionaires. did they have a boat there?
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks for visiting NG572! It's customers like you that make all the work setting up the display and working very long hours totally worth it!

IMG_5691.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NG572 View Post
            Regarding the Heyday... So I spend 65K on a boat that I have to carry my ipad down to the lake to connect to.
            No, like I said, the tablet could be integrated into the helm just like other touchscreens. And sure, if the boat's in warranty, no problemo... but scan this site (and others, for other brands) and you'll find posts from people who are out of warranty and staggering at the $$$ they're being asked to pay for a replacement screen. When that happens I bet they'd love the option to pick up a tablet at Walmart for a couple hundred bucks, "install [it] myself and [be] back on the water in no-time".

As far as the hull design... I'm right there with you. Ugly isn't strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
              Thanks for visiting NG572! It's customers like you that make all the work setting up the display and working very long hours totally worth it!

[ATTACH]50308[/ATTACH]
              Working hard as always I see mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

But is an Ipad suitable for a marine environment? I wouldn't think so. Any tablet for that fact.

Comment

^
                  go to any dock on any lake with teens and you will find smart phones and tablets galore being used around the water and step aboard any larger boat and find tons of electronics that are not "marine certified".
                  not to mention the cost of today's electronics and their "disposable" nature I would bet a good portion of us would give up actual expensive touch screens for an ipad variant that you can buy at the local walmart.
                  5k for a murphy screen or $300 for an ipad, I bet I can make a dozen ipads last longer than 1 murphy screen and your still money ahead but more importantly a few hours lost on the water vs a few weeks.

Mike's display from heinens def shows a wide variety of color choices...
                  for as large as vegas is and lake mead/mohave/powell right here I wish we had an organized boat show. I miss the boise and milwaukee shows.....
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by MX86 View Post
                    Working hard as always I see mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    The grind never stops!

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat1973 View Post
                      But is an Ipad suitable for a marine environment? I wouldn't think so. Any tablet for that fact.
                      As stated above, they are as suitable for a variety of environments as anything is. I have an iPhone on my boat every second I am on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Three things:

1). Next years boats are released for sale to the dealers in June - August. They start taking delivery in the fall. Dealers exhibit at the show with there inventory. No other way it can be done.

2). Heyday. How well does it surf? I don’t know, I just about how it looks.

3). Touchscreens scare the **** out of me. Give me mechanical switches and gauges in a top end boat and I would buy it tomorrow. All brands have electronic problems. Not a problem when under warranty, but wait until 6, 7, 8 years and your boat won’t even start, and best case it costs 3-5k, or worst case replacements are not supported or available. I’ve talked with the vendor reps after a few beers after a show and they shrug there shoulders when the subject comes up. It’s not there problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X