Want to Buy an R&D Boat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jph3 View Post
    Registered here but it won’t let me send a PM. Have this boat listed if you want to contact me.
    I responded promptly to your PM, but maybe you can't receive PM's either! {grin} Here's what I sent:

-----
    Thanks for the tip! Size and price are OK, condition of interior doesn't bother me at all. 8.1L engine is pretty big for a 23 footer. But I'm troubled by the engine rework history, the disgruntled mechanic that did the work, etc. The GPS not working is a problem too. As mentioned in the thread, we're not looking for a project boat... we need it for our OWN projects and don't have the time to spend debugging and solving its own problems.

I'll keep your contact data if we want to pursue it. Thanks again!

Comment

8.1L seems to have been Epic's go-to engine choice.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        8.1L seems to have been Epic's go-to engine choice.
        That 8.1 Horizon is a PITA to work on in the Epics too. Find myself just starting by pull all the exhaust if you have any work do to on the front of the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          That 8.1 Horizon is a PITA to work on in the Epics too. Find myself just starting by pull all the exhaust if you have any work do to on the front of the motor.
          Yuck. Particularly when one of our goals is to NOT have to worry about, or work on, the drivetrain!

Comment

Working...
          X