House/Garage Renovation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

^bsreid: ya, when your buddy designs post & beam/log homes for a living you kinda have to include some timbers.lol. Ended up adding the side knee braces (L&R) and the upper gable piece. It really helps tie it altogether. They ain't cheap though!

I'm quite fortunate as I was able to use a lot of different friends and people I know in different industries.
    -I've done pretty much all of the painting/staining inside & outside as my friend is a paint rep. I get some free and the rest at his cost so that saved quite a bit overall.
    -I'm friends with a guy that is a stone supplier so I was able to get all of the stone for a better price than the masons. Then paid a mason cash to install.
    -My buddy designed the renovation for a bottle of good scotch.
    -Another friend owns his own surveying company so that invoice was less.
    -Another friend works for a lumber supplier so I got all my hardie siding for wholesale pricing.
    -My contractor is married to a girl that I knew from years back so he let me bring in a couple trades and take some portions on myself as noted above. I pulled the new bathroom away from his scope of work. Once dry walled I dealt with everything from there on.
    -Know the flooring guy so got some extra discounts on all my flooring.
    -Know the Cabinet company for the vanity.
    -know the granite guy so got my vanity top for less
    -My dads friend owns a mill so I got my fir soffit for wholesale.
    -Knew the plumber.

It all helps!

Comment

I need new/more friends.

Comment

Working...
      X