No announcement yet.

My winter project build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great. That was a huge project but i'm sure you've fallen back in love with your boat. Doing some similar stuff to mine, 2011 R20, as a replacement boat is just way to expensive. Quick question. When cutting in the new speaker holes did you just use a hole saw run it backwards to cut the gel then cut in? Curious if you need the expensive carbide hole saw to get a clean look. I'm adding 2 speakers to the front of my boat and need to cut the holes.

file-5.jpg

Comment

Thanks for posting your winter adventure. You did an awesome job with everything! This post really intrigues me as I own the same boat - 08 Z1. Could you please post a photo of exactly where you have that Nauticurl stuck? I've tried suction devices but have found the curved hull and the ridge line in the hull are in a bad spot. And details on your weight setup would be awesome too. You said 1500 in back - is that 750 per side even weighted or how is it set up?

Thanks!
      Last edited by Jetter; 05-16-2019, 09:04 PM.
      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Originally posted by Summit_Push View Post
        Looks great. That was a huge project but i'm sure you've fallen back in love with your boat. Doing some similar stuff to mine, 2011 R20, as a replacement boat is just way to expensive. Quick question. When cutting in the new speaker holes did you just use a hole saw run it backwards to cut the gel then cut in? Curious if you need the expensive carbide hole saw to get a clean look. I'm adding 2 speakers to the front of my boat and need to cut the holes.

[ATTACH]50841[/ATTACH]
        When I installed my heater I used a standard holesaw ran backwards first and it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is your setup for running the boat in the driveway? Look pretty sick.
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Fairly basic boat. 2011 R20, 343 pcm running an ACME 1631. Seems to do the job. Only TAPS 2 so doesn't have the same stock push as newer boats. I run a Mission Delta wake shaper. Helps hold the wave firmer but doesn't really give that much more size. Running 1200lbs in the rear and 400 in the front. I've picked up a few extra cubes for this summer to see if it can get better. There is really only so much you can do with a 20' boot thought.

I love this thread as i was thinking of upgrading this year but the cost is hard to stomach. It convinced me to add a little frosting to my boat and get a few more years out of it.
            I did the gator step last summer which i think is the best upgrade anyone can do to a boat. I was fortunate to have a boat with no exposed carpet. Made it super easy.
            Working on the stereo currently. All the non-tower speakers are Wetsounds. I'm not adding the lighting as our place isn't on the water and were off before dark. Trying to decide on JL or Wetsounds for the new head unit. Replacing a Kenwood deck with CD player? Also planning a couple remote locations. One near the helm the other in the stern for swimmers. Can't decide which is better or how much to spend. So many options. For tower speakers i think i'll match the rest and go wetsounds. Currently only have 6" Polk Audio. Thinking of 6 and 8 for this boat.
            Also plan to add a small heater to keep momma happy and get her into the bikini more often!

Nothing as lavish as the winter build project! that was a tonne of work and buddy should be proud of his rig, and his new garage! I have to break the tower down to get into my garage. Which sucks!

Almost boat weather up here in Montana. Let the 10 week season begin. Another reason to not spend too much on a boat.

Comment

Working...
            X