No announcement yet.

Tige ZX3 Hypothetical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the dual 1200s a corner still not fast enough? A zx5 will fill all subfloor and pnp in about 6min......
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
      they might surprise you
      Well you would know as your in all the dealer meetings and like many manufacturers I’m sure they ask for feedback to help plan the future or takeaway some showroom takeaways.

I’m a diehard snowmobiler buying a new sled every year. I hate buying the same thing twice so with each new feature or improvements I get excited. Some years it’s not all that exciting to upgrade, but others are.

Boats are no different. The early adopters always want the latest stuff. Having a 10 year model run makes it tough to keep on trading guys out. A newer used boat is often the best way to get someone into the sport and helps on the price vs new. With 5 to 7 year warranty a new zx3 is just what is needed to move a RZX2 or rzx3 guy into the next best thing.

Either way always cool to see what’s next... like others I don’t want to go backwards in size so a zx1 could be a surf machine but I find my RZX2 gets a bit cozy with a big crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are the dual 1200s a corner still not fast enough?
        Roughly 33 GPM flow rate at the sac inlet/drain thru-hull.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          Are the dual 1200s a corner still not fast enough? A zx5 will fill all subfloor and pnp in about 6min......
          I think that theres not a lot of people that have been in the zx5, myself included, so when referencing fill times I would be talking about single 1200s that have been the standard for a while on all boats. Honestly I didnt realize the zx5 was running duals. The zx1 isnt though correct??
          Last edited by freeheel4life; 10-19-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            I think that theres not a lot of people that have been in the zx5, myself included, so when referencing fill times I would be talking about single 1200s that have been the standard for a while on all boats. Honestly I didnt realize the zx5 was running duals. The zx1 isnt though correct??
            ZX1 has Duals as well and takes right at 5 minutes to fill all underfloor and front and rear plug and plays.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
              ZX1 has Duals as well and takes right at 5 minutes to fill all underfloor and front and rear plug and plays.
              Thanks. Didnt notice when I rigged the ZX1 we got in. It still hasnt seen the water yet and likely wont until spring :/

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                ^^ Agreed. Or even in that hole thats molded in the middle of the fuel tanks. We get them dry, you just have to lift the tongue 5 ft in the air with the forklift Super good for torsion axles(rear axle takes all the weight while lifted)

For my Z3, I drilled a 4" hole in my hatch cover and installed a stainless access hatch right over the molded hole in the gas tank. On arrival into the garage after a day on the lake, I would open the hatch cover and shop vac out a gallon or so water. then I would run a fan down that hole for a day or so continuous and then 30 minutes twice a day on a timer. I would also open up the front port bow locker hatch/seatback. With the fan running, I could feel air coming from that seatback as well as from under the drivers seat. Dries out the bilge and both compartments at the same time. Boat never had a musty smell even in the storage areas.

In any case, they really need the middle T handled drain plug. Had that on my 98 2200V and that is all I ever used. Seems silly that with a convex hull and a known water retainment issue, they don't put one back in.

Comment

Even worse that they put the bilge pump way behind the engine. On top of that didn’t wire it directly to the battery. Urrr so frustrating

Comment

On top of that didn’t wire it directly to the battery
                    Odd departure, as it had been as far back as 05 up into the mid teens for sure.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                    X