No announcement yet.

Gas Gauge showing 100 % all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after a little research, this appears to be a capacitor type sender unit. I’m not sure why my gauge “bounces “ around with this type gauge. Anyway, any thoughts on a part #or supplier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The newer senders look similar but have the float on the outside, I would think your style could stick fairly easy. To order the correct size you measure the height from bottom of the tank to the top inside of the tank....if that was say, 10" then you would want to order a 9" long sender.
      I recently replaced mine, the factory one was 9" (actual is about 1/2" less so actually approx 8.5") and when I measured I found that the tank was 11" deep.... so I ordered the 10" for the replacement. I know factory likely did that to prevent running out of fuel since the tanks are long and not that deep but I would prefer mine to be a bit more accurate at rest and making my sender longer did change the readings by approx 10%, so definately more accurate now

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
        The newer senders look similar but have the float on the outside, I would think your style could stick fairly easy. To order the correct size you measure the height from bottom of the tank to the top inside of the tank....if that was say, 10" then you would want to order a 9" long sender.
        I recently replaced mine, the factory one was 9" (actual is about 1/2" less so actually approx 8.5") and when I measured I found that the tank was 11" deep.... so I ordered the 10" for the replacement. I know factory likely did that to prevent running out of fuel since the tanks are long and not that deep but I would prefer mine to be a bit more accurate at rest and making my sender longer did change the readings by approx 10%, so definately more accurate now
        Thank you for the info. I talked to my dealer yesterday and that’s what they recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks alot for all the ideas.....Finally got a chance to pull sender and the float was not stuck. Gauge started to adjust after more fuel gone from tank.

Comment

Working...
          X