Raptor knocking noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robricketts View Post
    They all do it. I know this seems strange but I think it’s normal. My 400 did the same thing. I also got a bit freaked out. There was no codes either and it runs fine just makes that noise at idle or low low speed.

I had same video. Sorry deleted it as this was my concern from last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would not say the all do it. We have put over 100 Raptors in various configurations into service and this is the first time I have heard this noise.
    Not to play devil's advocate too mich but does your new boat make the same noise??

Comment

Old boat made the noise new boat has not been delivered. I will have it in a few weeks once we get warmer weather.

No codes boat worked fine. No change in power not sure what to tell you. Sometimes the noise was there sometimes it was not.

Best bet if your worried take it back and have it looked at. Warranty is nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^ I will bet dollars to donuts your new one doesn't make that noise

Comment

I have the same issue and the dealer has the boat right now. They are trouble shooting the problem but no solution yet. Any update on what your issue was? I have 2015 Momba Mondo with Raptor 400 6.2L.

Thanks
          I tried to PM original poster but he has not logged on since July.
          Last edited by Justflyinglow; 09-15-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justflyinglow View Post
            I have the same issue and the dealer has the boat right now. They are trouble shooting the problem but no solution yet. Any update on what your issue was? I have 2015 Momba Mondo with Raptor 400 6.2L.

Thanks
            I tried to PM original poster but he has not logged on since July.
            I believe swapping the mono valve fixed his issue. Call Justin at Tige to discuss what your engine is doing. May be able to help diagnose it for you so you can trade the boat in on a Tige or ATX ;-) Just kidding, we are here for all of the wakesurfing/wakeboarding community.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X