Windshield Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackout-
    I thought about taking the windshield off. Anyone done this firsthand? Just wondering how much of a PITA it is and if it’ll ever go back on the same! Seems it’s only held on by some frame bolts and screws. Guessing that getting to some of them may prove the hard part.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
      Blackout-
      I thought about taking the windshield off. Anyone done this firsthand? Just wondering how much of a PITA it is and if it’ll ever go back on the same! Seems it’s only held on by some frame bolts and screws. Guessing that getting to some of them may prove the hard part.
      I'd prefer to have an untinted windshield vs NO windshield, but that's just me.

Comment

https://youtu.be/yB3AXGX7BI4

Just get ahold of this guy. Looks like he's mobile and kills it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          https://youtu.be/yB3AXGX7BI4

Just get ahold of this guy. Looks like he's mobile and kills it. Lol
          Send him out, his confidence is soaring! Let’s see his boat skills

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
            The RZ4 has the curved glass. When I wasn’t satisfied with the first job, I did a lot of research on the curved glass tint job. Turns out it is much much easier to take the glass out yourself and have the shop do it. Although if I remember correctly, I decided to just keep the bad tint job until it was unbearable for me to look at. If you have the curved glass, I would think about taking it out.
            When I had mine tinted, they wanted to take it out as well but I wouldn't let them. Same here - not the best job in the world, but it works. The guy ended up using some kind of tape around the edges to cover all the mistakes...

X2 on the taking the windshield off yourself - next time, this is what I'll do...

Comment

I love the look of the tinted windshields but I just feel like it brings unnecessary attention by the you know whos......
              If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                When I had mine tinted, they wanted to take it out as well but I wouldn't let them. Same here - not the best job in the world, but it works. The guy ended up using some kind of tape around the edges to cover all the mistakes...

X2 on the taking the windshield off yourself - next time, this is what I'll do...
                This is what they did with mine. Put some kind of felt tape around the edge that they said is used on commercial building. It wasn’t on long before I removed it.

Also, I have never seen any account of someone taking the windshield off first hand. But to my understanding the idea was to take the glass out of the windshield. Not take the entire windshield off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                BABz - babzusa.com
                Austin, TX

Comment

They removed the glass for our Z1. It made me very nervous when we had it done, but he guaranteed me it would work and said he would repair/replace any damages. Turned out solid. I would say it can be done, and done right, but I would make sure it's someone who really knows what they are doing before going that route.

Comment

I had mine done last Spring without removing the windshield, there is one small spot you can see where it does not quite go down to bottom, but overall a fantastic job.... and very reasonable price. My windshield is curved and wraps around. I was nervous it would not turn out well but was pleasantly surprised with the great results. I got lucky to find someone with the right experience in my area that either did not know the going prices for these boats or just does enough where he does not gouge. All the other places I called around me were either triple the price, or would not do it due to curves

Comment

Working...
                    X