No announcement yet.

Help me pick new graphics for my 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the chromax to go with it too.

Comment

Definitely put the decals on after you do your rubbing compound and maybe even a claybar. Add wax or polish afterwards. It will stick better and the wax will protect the decals too. A little isopropyl alcohol is a good thing to have on hand to rub down the area before attaching anything.

Comment

Still messing around with this here and there. What do you guys think about the surfer dude on the boat below? I can't tell if it looks cool or if I should leave him out.

It may look cool from close up but look weird from far away...

newdecal2.jpg

Comment

I don't hate it but am personally a fan of clean boat without decals. I actually pulled every decal off my boat today (I did not have anything quite that big tho to begin with) before doing cutting compound on entire hull to get rid of some light scratches and water marks. Boat Candy cutting compound worked like a charm, I have a black hull so we a bit nervous about it since I have never done something like this before. I did some wet sanding in a couple areas too. hopefully tomorrow I can polish it and once I put on my new registration numbers (ordered domed numbers), will be time for wax! Lot more confident now that I have been thru the process. 2 weeks to first splash for the year for me, cant wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
            I'm personally a fan of no decals. It also didn't help I found the original decal for my era to be ugly as sin so it was the first thing I removed when I brought the boat home. Nothing at all with the Chromax at the back like mine would look good. The 2010 and later era ve graphic wasn't bad.
            Looks so much better! IMO. I did the same thing on my ‘08 RZ4. Looks better to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X