2001 23V rebuild from the ground up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous of your skills!
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Looking good man! It’ll be interesting to see this build come together, keep up the good work!

Comment

Great thread. Hope the weather will cooperate for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

@Sonic

Hope all is well, havent heard back from you in awhile.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i was wondering how the progress was coming on the boat? To also to thank you for the tower going to the weld shop this week then off to powder coating. I do have the jig for your boat to gig your new one on if you are interested.

Comment

well I was reading about the build and it just ends lol hows it going?? I want to see this thing all done!!!!

Comment

Great post! How is the boat coming along?

Comment

I think he and the Mrs. started to get very busy with their business. He is a very talented man. Check out the GMC Rv they rebuilt.

http://www.thegmcrv.com/
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

He is definitely a busy man he has more projects than me. That is saying a lot. He dose have a Bad A$$ shop to do them in also, and the talent to do what ever he wants. If I could describe just the motorcycles.WOW. I am sure he will get back to it at some point.
                    Last edited by gumby; 11-13-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Well hello everyone.

J is right, a lot going on at the moment! Business is moving a little faster than I can keep up with, we just bought some land and are building a house, i'm working on a rally car, etc etc.
                      This project got sidetracked by land purchase for a while but I'm back at it!

Boat goes to the paint guy tomorrow for Awlgrip and upholstery. Then it's just reassembly!

Comment

Okay so where was I?
                        I think i had gotten the new seat in.

So from there I went a little nutso. Wasn't happy with the dash layout and the dated look of the glovebox so I chopped it all off.IMG_20180128_124749.jpgIMG_20180128_130236.jpgIMG_20180128_163810.jpgIMG_20180204_132845.jpgIMG_20180213_173446.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

After that I switched to the driver side and glassed it all over to start fresh.
                          IMG_20180319_163055.jpgIMG_20180401_140311.jpgIMG_20180219_173912.jpg
                          Then a shiiiiit load of sanding filling and more sanding later I ended up here:
                          Last edited by SONIC; 01-21-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Last major project was the cooler. I agonized over building a full cooler from coosa and fiberglass but that meant hours upon hours of mold making and sanding which I just couldn't stomach at this point. I'm tired!
                            So I cam up with what I think was pretty genius(we'll see in a few years if I still think that) :
                            IMG_20190107_180351.jpgIMG_20190107_183410.jpgIMG_20190107_183502.jpg

I have igloo coolers approaching 20 years old with no issues so I'm not too worried.

I've obviously left out a LOT of grind, glass, fill, sand, fill, grind, glass, fill, sand, contemplate burning the damn thing down, fill, sand, sand, sand, cry, sand. Etc

Comment

Next up is the floor.
                              I'm cheap and I have tools so I ordered EVA foam (seadek) from China and will do the CNC work myself and save several thousand bucks.
                              So i made a floor template and used the CNC with a camera as a big *** scanner to get a digital file (should have done this earlier for the floor but didn't have the camera or the idea then)
                              IMG_20190120_143556.jpgIMG_20190120_155222.jpgIMG_20190120_152950.jpg

Then I played around a lot with the design and came up with this.

floor.jpg

May still tweak that but it's the gist.

Currently readying the boat for sendoff to the paint guy, then the upholstry guy. The exterior will be royal blue and the interior some variant of white.
                              A little photoshop yielded this plan for upholstery, subject to change. A little darker on the brown I think.
                              Boat upholstery colors.jpg
                              Last edited by SONIC; 01-21-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

So cool! Keep it up. I hate fiberglass, I don't envy you at all
                                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
                                X