No announcement yet.

2001 23V rebuild from the ground up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the thickness on the HDPE? I have considered doing something similar on my 23v, and I would like to know for reference, especially when it is time to replace the upholstery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

3/4" on the sides. I was a little worried it would flex but it doesn't.
      I'd go 1" on the center section if using hdpe.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Another project to add to the to-do list once my barn is up this fall!

Comment

Meant to ask on the HPDE, did you buy something like marine board (StarBoard) or just a generic HDPE sheet? I have seen a pretty wide range on pricing between the two options. Knowing most HDPE is just that, HDPE, and marketing gimmics to up pricing, I would expect a generic HDPE sheet should suffice. My only concern over the engine cover would be the heat coming out of the engine compartment possibly causing the plastic to warp/bend. I think over the storage compartments heat should not be so much an issue.

Comment

I get it from my plastic supplier (piedmont plastics, tap plastics, etc) , it's recycled HDPE with texture. Feels just like starboard just not as expensive.
            As for the heat a lot of the newer boats use it for their hatches and it seems fine, but it does get pliable when it gets really hot.

Comment

Working...
            X