Tige R21 or Malibu 21vlx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    Both boats will surf well when setup right, so beyond, demo'ing gets you familiar with all the other aspects of the boat. Handling, comfort, features, etc.

I pretty sure southtown does weekly demos also. I think they launch out of Harbortown on Wylie. Thats about 10 minutes from me. Good crew at South town as well as Grandpa. A good friend has done 5-6 Bu's with Grandpa's.

We have a good friend that's purchased 2 from Grandpa's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by highrocklake1 View Post
      I may give elevated a call tomorrow (if he does not mind). Are you saying your retail was not near 100, or your purchase price? B/c I'm pretty far under that for purchase price, and from what I can see looking on the sales sites (inboards only, etc), I have seen 21's in the 90's retail (even a few 20's in the mid 80's).
      I would never mind man, give me a ring Ill make sure you are good to go.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Any updates ? Have you demoed the boats?
        If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          It's good for msrp... not good for realistic numbers. Plus they are incentivized to show those prices....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Elevated are you saying the invoice numbers aren't correct? or that that site can't tell you what a good sales price will be?

Comment

Im saying the numbers they use are not accurate. I wouldn't use that site.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Langwell View Post
              Any updates ? Have you demoed the boats?
              Not really....going to try and check out the Malibu's sometime this week. Likely will not be able to make it back over the Tige dealer for another week or two.

Comment

Good luck ! You will know which one as soon as you ride in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Langwell View Post
                  Good luck ! You will know which one as soon as you ride in them.
                  Thanks!.....looking forward to really checking out the Malibu. Also thinking about stopping by our local Centurion/Supreme dealer (who is actually the closest dealer to us) to see the last 2017 Supreme S211 he has.

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. We were so set on 1 boat and totally switched after demos. Like i said before your family will know pretty quickly after driving them. Super excited for you and your family.

Comment

Just put 40 hrs on my 2016 tige Z1 after almost buying the Malibu. LOVE the new Tige. Malibu was nice but surfing is crazy good and interior is comfortable for all passengers because of depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which ever brand you choose, I would seriously consider making every effort to work a deal out with the dealer you intend to haul the boat to for service. A couple grand savings upfront on sale price can go out the window 10-fold, when you need to haul your bought-out-of-territory new boat in to the dealer whom did not earn your sales business. I think some have said to the effect, you are not buying a boat, but buying a dealer, or something like that.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Highrock....I know Dave at Northpointe pretty well. He is a great guy and will shoot you straight. I also know the Centurion dealer you are referring to as that is the brand I own and love my boat. Dealer relationship is super important and on a new boat purchase is 50% of your decision because you WILL have warranty and service to deal with at some point, its a fact of life on custom built boats and there is no way around that.... Even tho I have a newer Centurion, Dave is the one who services and does all my warranty work. Nice to have a dealer who does not BS you, is always available and ready to help. I called him on a Sunday afternoon one time to troubleshoot something and he answered immediately and walked me thru the issue. Also IMO, a dealer that actually LIVES the lifestyle like his family is a big plus. I have known some dealers who don't even boat....seriously?
                          Anyway, I am in this area and figured I would throw in my .02, which is you wont find a better dealer relationship in this area than Dave.
                          That said, of course you need to demo and make sure you love the boat. That will be surest way to get a feel for the boat.
                          Good luck in whatever you decide to do

Comment

Working...
                          X