Torn vinyl -2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Z3 Splitting Seats

Yes - I am preparing to sue them because they have replaced mine 3 times and the newest set is only 2 years old and is doing it again! Feel free to reach out to me and we can ALL share info jeff@RMRM.net
    Attached Files

Comment

Me to - I am suing them as they have replaced mine 3 times and after two years they are doing it again - email ME ASAP so we can share info jeff@rmrm.net

Comment

EMAIL ME I AM GOING AFTER THEM AND WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP EACH OTHER jeff@rmrminc.net

Comment

and 2012 - I had a 2012 interior and a 2013 and a 2015 that is not splitting as well. jeff@RMRM.net

Comment

I have been buying new skins so when my ‘14 get bad enough to replace, I have them. I have noticed that my problems are the seams of the silver/grey material. That material in particular is brittle. What causes that, and what is a good way to prevent it from happening again?

Comment

Are there any other '14 models having this issue too?

Comment

My '13 has bad vinyl. I've replaced the observer seat so far and I have 2 or 3 more ready to replace.

My opinion is that Tige makes the skins affordable. They have to custom build these to order and as I recall my observer seat was around $150. In my book that is profoundly decent. I plan to buy a complete set before the 7 year mark (which is when they discontinue the stock)

Comment

When I see these threads I have to set back and compare them to the auto industry. I think most of my Gm vehicles have had the driver seat show wear and or tear completely at the edge where a person slides in and out usually by the end of the 3 year factory warranty. Most of them GM has stepped to the plate and replaced but most likely that is due to having a good dealer that submits the claim. I don't hold onto vehicles more then a few months past the warranty period.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that if a seat in a vehicle tears when not abused like these seats in boats do then what more can a boat mfg do?! 100+ deg days in direct sun and vast amounts of water and kids etc jumping on them! The whole idea of "sue" come on get real the boat is several years old!

I always place towels on the areas where I know people will walk or even set on and dry out often throughout the day. May not be the best look but I've never had a seat fail me. Follow up with some vinyl sauce or 303 and again never had issues. Just like @Johnnie said these skins are very affordable so stock up before warranty is out when dealer is covering them or when parts are available and be glad they keep them for 7 years!

@JEffdep Good Luck with the "lawsuit"

Comment

I just got a new set up skins for my 2013 Z1. If you dont mind me asking what do you think the labor will be to have the new skins installed?

Comment

Torn vinyl -2013

I believe I paid almost as much for the installation as I did for the skin. However that would vary by location and by quantity. I assume the price goes down if you do a larger job.

What did it cost to buy all the skins?

Ps- make sure you inspect each piece and don't just throw it in to storage. Tige messed up the materials in mine and it didn't match.

Comment

Not sure what you did Johnnie but I know our local guy charges less if he doesnt have to wreck his forearms removing nylocks from studs to get interior out, so pulling your own panels may save you some coin.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                          Not sure what you did Johnnie but I know our local guy charges less if he doesnt have to wreck his forearms removing nylocks from studs to get interior out, so pulling your own panels may save you some coin.
                          I removed it myself and took it in during the winter. So I had no expectation for fast service.

Calgary is expensive for labour so it really doesn't translate anywhere else.

Comment

I have 2 skins that need replaced but it's due to the dink that prepped my boat for shipment and the tower boardracks tore them.
                            local upholstery guy said half price to do the job if I remove them and leave for a few weeks.

just need to find material or skins now.
                            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                            X