Torn vinyl -2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn vinyl -2013

Anyone else dealing with this on the observer seat? Crappy design in my books. It's too tight.

I think a bead of some sort of vinyl friendly silicone might be the fix down that whole seam. Suggestions?

If I recall there was another thread about 2013s having some problems like this.

Comment

My 2013 R20. Observer seat and aft center seat.20160922_175117.jpg20170722_144950.jpg

Comment

My 2013 did the same thing. Poor design.

Comment

yeah, my 2012 z3 tore some similiar seams. Tige interior is a major let down. If the boat didn't surf so well from side to side I'd get something else. I fixed my my seams by masking off the seam and using very small drops of gorilla glue. Gorilla glue is inflexible and stains so be careful. There are probably better glues out there, but my seam was torn bad enough that I needed something strong that wouldn't tear again. It worked well, but try and find a better more flexible glue. Rethreading the seam wasn't an option for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cpobanz View Post
            yeah, my 2012 z3 tore some similiar seams. Tige interior is a major let down. If the boat didn't surf so well from side to side I'd get something else. I fixed my my seams by masking off the seam and using very small drops of gorilla glue. Gorilla glue is inflexible and stains so be careful. There are probably better glues out there, but my seam was torn bad enough that I needed something strong that wouldn't tear again. It worked well, but try and find a better more flexible glue. Rethreading the seam wasn't an option for me.
            I like this approach but I want to find the right glue first. If you catch it early enough, it will never tear again. I would suggest every Tige owner consider this before their vinyl separates.

Comment

I am going to try this on my seams that are starting to open..
              .Permatex Super Clear Vinyl Sealant Repair Kit*. On Amazon
              Otherwise there is a loctite version at HD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like Tige should do something for the owners as I have a 2013 and it's doing the same thing
                I had a 04 Moomba that had original interior of a lesser thickness and made the Tige interior look
                SAD

Comment

A couple years ago when 2013s were under warranty I remember people having there’s replaced.

Comment

Mine is splitting everywhere but the front. Most have been replaced by the dealer but I keep noticing more and more. The engine and locker covers are now splitting where the 2 different color vinyls meet......they should help out all with 2013s......

Comment

I've read a lot of people complaining about the '13 model year interiors, myself included. I have a skin on order from the dealer and looks like the amount of use it's had this year, I'm looking at replacing a few more skins in the off season. Never had this issue on my '08 I had just sold this spring. My skin on back seat where the cushion pops up and down to be used as a step is in rough shape as well as the long port side seat has a nice long crack along the seam.

Comment

I actually bought my '13 as a new leftover at the end of 2014 so it's still under warranty and I'm getting the skins replaced (I still have to pay for labor) but I feel for anyone out of warranty because this is obviously a mfg defect. The geometry of the observer seat on my R20 is a flawed design. There is a stress riser in the corner creating too much tension on that seam.

Comment

Originally posted by JTs-rz2 View Post
                          I am going to try this on my seams that are starting to open..
                          .Permatex Super Clear Vinyl Sealant Repair Kit*. On Amazon
                          Otherwise there is a loctite version at HD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I used this stuff on my older 21v seats that were tearing at the seams before I had them redone. It works well, but with time it will start to discolor from clear to foggy and a bit yellow. I guess my point is, the stuff works great, but be careful with how much you gob onto each area. In the spots I used it, less was more as the discoloration was not nearly as noticeable as the places where I loaded it up.

Comment

I remember watching a video of Ragboy at the 2013 boat show in Calgary talking to Chris Crysdale from Tige about the new Z1. He was sharing about the great new vinyl they put in the boats. Nothing but the best. Best thread, top of the line vinyl etc etc. Well it would appear that was all crap.

If I have one major beef with Tige it is this - we are the testing department. We spend tens of thousands of dollars to test out their new ideas all at our own expense. When they fail - just hope you still have warranty. But for suckers like me, I'm out. Eventually I'll need to replace the entire interior, but someone at Tige got an idea to try out this new vinyl. $80,000 and I got 140 hours out of my vinyl. That's embarrassing.

Here's the video I'm referring to:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCaulKlQpQ

Comment

My 13 z3 interior is very disappointing. I have already replaced the bow skins and will be replacing several more after this season ends! Boat only has 200 hrs on the motor, not happy, one and only Tige!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X