RZX2 surf wave photos???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCP View Post
    What was your setup when this photo was taken?
    350 lbs of lead in each corner.....

Rears full, fronts offset. 70% surf side, 40% non.

Taps 3 at 4, taps 2 at 3

Speed 11.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks Elevated.... great insight. Just to be clear, full factory ballast in a Z3 is how much? What prop do you recommend?

Comment

IMG_2830.jpg

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have of my RZX3 wave...the wave is nice and prob at-least 20-25 feet back with a ton of push. I have 750# Pnp. I load the front up 100% and the rears at 80%. Nice and easy with no farting around.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
          Thanks Elevated.... great insight. Just to be clear, full factory ballast in a Z3 is how much? What prop do you recommend?
          3k.

The German is running a prop I had Eric at Oj make me after running the 2419. It's a winner from what he said. Surfing at 2800rpm with big weight.....
          Germaine Marine

Comment

Jason, I really like your write ups and reviews, Very insightful and to the point. You describe all details and settings very well. Glad to get your opinions on other boats you compare to.

You opinions are backed up nicely with results and the photos help too. You make me desire a new boat now. Brad can attest to the 24Ve wave and I love mine but with the new systems and superior waves it may be time.

Keep the reviews coming and add some pics of the waves.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Brads 24VE was pretty nasty. I think him and I are a lot a like in how we set boats up.. with him setting up his new z3 and me with this specific rzx2 which at first was giving me the business we are expecting to build rome in a day. It just isnt realistic when you start to push past the factory set-up.

I will say this about the Rzx line, and more specifically the 2. With the added overall weight and the flat hull design in the rear, it prob doesent need anything other then 3-400lb pnp bags for the rear lockers to be as good as most heavy lead weighted boats. Couple that with the ability to empty all the weight and it makes for an amazing boat.
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                350 lbs of lead in each corner.....

Rears full, fronts offset. 70% surf side, 40% non.

Taps 3 at 4, taps 2 at 3

Speed 11.6

Have you tried any lead up front or in the middle? When you said 350 lead in each corner, did you mean the back corners I'm assuming right? If you have tried weight in the middle/front why do you think that it doesn't work well with the rzx boat? I feel like the big surf boats like the weight up middle/front. I agree that it is nice to not have any lead weight if possible and it is nice being able to get rid of the extra weight when not using it with the ballast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ironpeddler View Post
                  Have you tried any lead up front or in the middle? When you said 350 lead in each corner, did you mean the back corners I'm assuming right? If you have tried weight in the middle/front why do you think that it doesn't work well with the rzx boat? I feel like the big surf boats like the weight up middle/front. I agree that it is nice to not have any lead weight if possible and it is nice being able to get rid of the extra weight when not using it with the ballast bags.
                  That was for the z3 bud.

Yes the rzx line likes weight up the middle.

Germaine Marine

Comment

whoops, my bad.

Comment

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Nothing Crazy, but a little short clip of the push even into the wash. No need to pump even that deep...

Germaine Marine

Comment

Elevated you got any of the goofy side.

Comment

I need more goofy settings on the boat. I have 500 lbs of lead to work with and the big bags in the rear lockers to play with.

Comment

Working...
                            X