No announcement yet.

Taps 2 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let me know if end up just buying the top hinge i just posted. If you do you can get it shipped to the montana shipping outlet in Eureka and if can be there by tuesday I can pick it up for you when I go out to koocanusa next week.

Comment

Originally posted by maxpow View Post
      I asked the guy at Bennett that and he thinks the resistance on the coil may be specific to the one that is specially made for Tige. I'm guessing it will work but don't really want to spend the money on something else that won't work. Already have a generic actuator sitting here I don't need! Thanks for looking though.
      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
        I asked the guy at Bennett that and he thinks the resistance on the coil may be specific to the one that is specially made for Tige. I'm guessing it will work but don't really want to spend the money on something else that won't work. Already have a generic actuator sitting here I don't need! Thanks for looking though.
        no problem I hope you get the problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
          ** EDIT - I did indeed order the wrong actuator. I did not realize there is a specific Bennett actuator manufactured for TIGE with a special part number. It is not available on the web. See post below. **

Well now I am completely baffled! I ordered a replacement actuator awhile ago but never did install it. As I reported previously, the old actuator still goes up and down properly. I was convinced there is nothing sending back from the actuator because there are no wires in the new one. See this photo:
          [ATTACH]49358[/ATTACH]

Then today I examine the back of my boat more closely and I see a green wire that goes into the back of the existing actuator! I traced it and it does indeed go all the way back to the helm where it appears to actually be two tiny gauge green wires inside a thicker green shell. They split off and head into the Medallion computer I think.

Here is a photo of my existing actuator partially removed. Question is (I'm hoping for KoolAid expertise here) is what is the wire going into? Is this the "coil" you were speaking of? Why is it not on new actuator or did I buy wrong one?

[ATTACH]49359[/ATTACH]
          The coil is inside the actuator itself. The green wire goes into it. I was on vacation last week so I am just now seeing this lol!
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
            The coil is inside the actuator itself. The green wire goes into it. I was on vacation last week so I am just now seeing this lol!
            Glad to hear you got a break dude! Hope it was awesome.

Comment

That it was
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well I have good news - sort of. I replaced the actuator today and my taps guage is working - at least partly. I goes from 2 to 8 but won't go all the way down to 1. Better than not working at all I guess. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Bump - KoolAid any idea? Is the resistance range off?

Comment

The gauge has to be re-calibrated. 08 Z1 is just the gauges correct? There should be a 4 pin connector on the harness between the two center gauges. PM me your address and I will let you borrow my programming box. Be sure to send it back as it is my only one.

The actuator is moving the full distance, its just that coil is different than the original so the upper and lower limits need to be adjusted. That's where the updated calibration comes into play.
                    Last edited by KoolAid; 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I am literally going through the exact same thing right now with my ASR! Purchased what I thought would be a replacement actuator and realized mine has a coil in it and the new one does not. I purchased just the replacement head with coil on amazon. I hope it does the trick. Pretty much none of the trim items worked when I purchased the boat, I've replaced the toggle switch in the throttle assembly, the pump, and hopefully tomorrow the actuator. I have not tested the module under the dash, but if that is bad, does anyone know where to find a replacement? I tried searching Medallion 1539-10368-01 Trim Tab Module and can't seem to find anything online?

Comment

Was there any definitive resolution to this?

Looking at making a purchase on an RZ2 and the taps gauge only works from 5 to 8, but based off a comment I posted in a different thread...the actual plate itself appears to be all the way down.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 14burrito View Post
                          Was there any definitive resolution to this?

Looking at making a purchase on an RZ2 and the taps gauge only works from 5 to 8, but based off a comment I posted in a different thread...the actual plate itself appears to be all the way down.

thanks!
                          Could be a calibration issue if its a touch screen boat or a Vdig screen. If it moves from 5 to 8 and isn't just bouncing between the two.

Kiwi, the trim tab module can be ordered through any tige dealership.
                          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                            Could be a calibration issue if its a touch screen boat or a Vdig screen. If it moves from 5 to 8 and isn't just bouncing between the two.

Kiwi, the trim tab module can be ordered through any tige dealership.
                            Analogue gauge, 08 taps 2 system.

....btw, what's the diff between OG taps and Taps 2?
                            Seems they both use 1 plate, taps 3 seems easy to understand as it has 3 plates.

Comment

So, I got everything working and calibrated the system, my problem now is that the plate doesn’t stay down when riding. There are no leaks in the system. Pump, actuator, & switch are new.

Comment

I know this isn`t going to answer your question but just curious how you calibrated your gauge. Koolaid was supposed to send me his calibration tool from Tige but never came through despite multiple promises. Would love to know how you calibrated yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X