Surf wake 07 ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
    07' 22VE I've got 1100 in the surf corner 350-400 in the bow and as many people as we've got to the surf side if possible. Starboard Taps at 5.5-6 and 11.6. Port Taps at 5 11.4. It's crazy to see how much a 200 lb guy(or gal) can change the wave by moving around in your boat. I put the fatties on the rear deck and seat corners.

hahhaah fatties huh, you into them big girls jet? Totally kidding
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

09 22ve playing around with suckgate mostly this season.

Pretty good luck with full factory rear, full 1100lb sac rear surf side, 800 or so offside rear (enough to give ~ 5 degree list to surf side), no bow, and using suckgate. 10.6-11.2 taps 4-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone wants the tallest wave thinking its the best, but by speeding up the water gets harder under the board ( science terminology) the wave will get a little shorter in height but having it a little longer and firmer is way more fun. If you haven't tried up to 11.6-11.8, try it you might like it.
        Last edited by dukesofhazzard; 07-11-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Last night we FINALLY were able to get our boat on the water for a "systems check". All was good. Didn't have time to ride, but did verify ballast worked. My wife took this picture. This was listed, I didn't have time to play with our MISSION Delta since it was getting dark. This was with our custom port side full (1100-1200 I think), no offside and the front custom sacks full (both sides) @ 12 MPH with TAPS at 4-4.5. The speed was needed to really lengthen it out. At the "normal" 10.5-11 it was short, but really tall. Adding the speed and looking at it, I really wished I would have had the chance to grab a quick run. I know this does not address the goofy (starboard) side, but wanted to add some photo proof of what is being mentioned above (SPEED).
          22Ve Listed 07.10.jpg
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I never messed with the goofy wave on my 22ve but am with dandy on a similar setup on the regular....
            chpthrl's custom sack on the regular side filled up, no ballast on goofy side and 400lbs up front made a great wave. taps at 3 or 4 and speed 11.4 to 11.6 but this was in a river so sure I was running closer to 12. dukes is right in that slowing the boat down made a taller wave but the length came from speed and it was much better than running 10.5 or so.
            if only running a few peeps, boat really needed another 3 or 400 on the regular side but if the crew was 4 or more in the boat, it was fine.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I have 2007 24ve and am dialed in by filling both sides Enzo bags and using my Mission delta suck gate. I don't have any front weight. Also agree faster shorter wave has better push than tall one. I run 10.4 or 10.6, taps 3 I get a great wave with just 2 people in boat and 1 surfing. The Mission Delta made all difference and being able to swap regular to goofy in 15 seconds paid for the thing my first time out

Mission delta

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                Last night we FINALLY were able to get our boat on the water for a "systems check". All was good. Didn't have time to ride, but did verify ballast worked. My wife took this picture. This was listed, I didn't have time to play with our MISSION Delta since it was getting dark. This was with our custom port side full (1100-1200 I think), no offside and the front custom sacks full (both sides) @ 12 MPH with TAPS at 4-4.5. The speed was needed to really lengthen it out. At the "normal" 10.5-11 it was short, but really tall. Adding the speed and looking at it, I really wished I would have had the chance to grab a quick run. I know this does not address the goofy (starboard) side, but wanted to add some photo proof of what is being mentioned above (SPEED).
                [ATTACH]46226[/ATTACH]
                Now THAT is a good looking wave!

Comment

Here is a video of my 2008 22ve.
                  https://youtu.be/LjgJW9ZYBJM

Comment

Working...
                  X