Surf wake 07 ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf wake 07 ve

I'm having trouble getting a clean wake off the starboard side of my boat, the port side makes a great wake. I have a 22ve and running 3000lbs of ballast. Has anyone here had this problem?

3k in ballast? How is that distributed? Speed and TAPS setting?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The Ve is very very good at surfing and i List mine no surf gate contraptions. I think it is going to be a weighting distribution issue for you. Like Mike asked, whats the set up and details?

Comment

I put 1450lbs on the surf side, 600 on the opposite side and 600 in the bow. Taps at 4 at about 10.6, which works great for the port side but not for the starboard with the same setup

Comment

Speed up and less off side ballast.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

K I'll try that, thanks

Comment

I would drop just a touch of bow weight, the 22Ve does like some bow weight. I would try 400lbs in the bow just to help sink the stern a touch deeper.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Pm me I have a few options
                surf till u die.

Comment

I have the 2007 24ve. Similar hull shape and have a great goofy wave. We run as full and as much weight as possible on surf side. None on the off side. Some up front. My setup does better without much bow weight. Then we run taps at 5.5 and speed at 10.8 to 11.4. The slower speed makes a short tall wave and the faster speed lengthens it out and tames it down. Play with it and you should get a great wave with that boat.
                  Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I kinda disagree with a few others on here. First off, you don't weight the same port and starboard. I do agree on port side I run no to very little bow weight and no opposite side weight taps 4-5 For Starboard however I find the boat likes a lot of bow weight to the point where I run my 300lbs bow sac full and usually throw another 200lbs on top and taps 2-4. Again, no opposite side weight. I also run anywhere from 10.8 for the ladies and up too 11.4 for myself either side.

Comment

I am more with bc rider too, especially after the last couple times out, i like a little faster 11.8, my 7 and 10 are in to the elevens now too, and wife is 11.4-11.6, port side- factory port full, 400 bow custom full with a 400lb on port side seat rear, or 2 big dudes, taps 3-4, wave is so consistant and clean, the extra weight on the port seat really makes a diff. I try a little off side weight and it works but you can't add to much or it will start to wash out. With my kids now i extended the hose I have to fill the 400lb sac and put it behind the driver, 1100 sac as full as I can get it, starboard factory full, 400 bow full, taps 2 for my 7 yr old and 3 for the 10 yr old. again a nice clean wave.

Comment

Thanks for the tips really getting it dialed in now.

Comment

Best wave I found behind a friends 22ve was full custom rear bags, 400 front and a suc gate. Going about 10.8

Comment

That's my setup except I have 300# of lead in the rear corner and we speed it up to 11.8-12.2. It gets crazy long

Comment

07' 22VE I use a suck gate and 1000 lbs. in the surf corner about 5-600 offside, guessing about 550-600 in the bow
                              (sac can’t fill completely) and as many people as we've got sitting to the surf side if possible. Starboard side run Taps at 5-6 and pull at 11.6-12 mph, Port side run Taps at 5 pull at 11.4-12 mph. Speed and Taps get small changes based on passenger load and distribution and rider preference.
                              It's crazy to see how much a 200 lb guy(or gal) can change the wave by moving around in your boat. I put the fatties on the rear deck and seat corners.
                              Last edited by Jetdriver; 03-16-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X