Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use Roswell racks on an Alpha Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 007 View Post
    How do you use a bimini with these rack and an Alpha Z tower?
    They won't work with a Bimini.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      How do you use a bimini with these rack and an Alpha Z tower?
      Actually I think Duffy did this but he had to cut a hole in the Bimini and then remove the racks and put them back on after the Bimini was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
        I saw these today. This is the first rack I'd actually consider paying the ridiculous asking price for:

These are are the Roswell Triton racks. Clamping and pivoting I believe. This design is genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=_9SdZtG-gWA

I have the shitty basic racks on my Z1 and combined with frequently cutting skin from my scalp they tend to crush any soft boards I put in them. They are also a nuisance to get a board in. It's all well and good to use the surf pockets but it is rarely warm enough here to need the bimini. Further, who goes out with only two boards these days?!?
        JohnnieMo, any update on this? I too have the basic racks that don’t quite hold a surfboard and have a second thin slot designated for some kind of ancient device known as a “wakeboard.”

I would like to update my racks to the Roswell Tritons. Has anybody accomplished this or found replacement tines that are a direct bolt on that do a better job holding larger/more surfboards?

Comment

moomba is offering the triton racks and have heard a lot of good feedback on how they work however also heard that they create some huge blind spots when going to pick up riders or docking depending on the size of the board in them.

just an fyi.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
          X