Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use Roswell racks on an Alpha Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use Roswell racks on an Alpha Z?

I saw these today. This is the first rack I'd actually consider paying the ridiculous asking price for:

These are are the Roswell Triton racks. Clamping and pivoting I believe. This design is genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=_9SdZtG-gWA

I have the shitty basic racks on my Z1 and combined with frequently cutting skin from my scalp they tend to crush any soft boards I put in them. They are also a nuisance to get a board in. It's all well and good to use the surf pockets but it is rarely warm enough here to need the bimini. Further, who goes out with only two boards these days?!?
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 06-22-2017, 05:54 PM.

I played with some at the boat show and I wasn't that impressed. They weren't very easy to operate and they are ugly! Personally if I were to buy a pair it would be the ptm ones.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Those PTM clampforce racks are almost $4000 USD!!! That is utterly insane. The Roswell racks are $1400 and that is nuts. I don't really care about the bungees. I think it the rack was oriented vertically the bungees wouldn't be as annoying. That funky plastic "grabber" thing seems unnecessary.

I like the vertical look of the Tritons. I think I would have to drill a new mounting location lower on the tower though. Those racks make more sense down where you can get at them.

Perhaps I just need to do yet another project to re-orient my existing racks to be vertical. Dammit!! Another project.
      Last edited by JohnnieMo; 06-22-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

JMo,
        Have you looked at the Sampson Racks. They are not a clamp rack, more traditional, but much easier to use than the factory Tige racks. Our dealer actually ordered boats in without racks and then used Sampson instead. They swivel in and out very nice.
        https://samsonsports.com/shop/tige-a...er-boardracks/
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

If you want an over the tower surfboard rack that is like the ones on the bimini but you don't have to have your bimini up you could buy some from me. I have started making them but they are cheaper than others sell them for. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugh2o View Post
            If you want an over the tower surfboard rack that is like the ones on the bimini but you don't have to have your bimini up you could buy some from me. I have started making them but they are cheaper than others sell them for. PM me for details.
            Post pics please.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
              Post pics please.
              Sorry I don't have pics right now but should be able to get some in the next few days. They are this style of rack but a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                Post pics please.
                Check the classifieds section. Just posted details over there and pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugh2o View Post
                  Check the classifieds section. Just posted details over there and pictures.
                  The OP was asking about an Alpha Z tower. How would you attach this type of rack to an Alpha Z?

Comment

Put these on mine and love them. Guy over on Wakeworld makes them. Just search overhead surf racks. I drilled and tapped my tower no problem (spoke with Tige beforehand and they said I shouldn't have an issue). I think this is my third season with them and really like them. I rarely use the factory racks these days.
                    Attached Files

Comment

i like that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
                        Put these on mine and love them. Guy over on Wakeworld makes them. Just search overhead surf racks. I drilled and tapped my tower no problem (spoke with Tige beforehand and they said I shouldn't have an issue). I think this is my third season with them and really like them. I rarely use the factory racks these days.
                        A clever idea! For a tube tower one could use a Bimini clamp to mount the rack to. No need to drill a hole in the tower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Those overhead racks are made by Corson Piper....I also got 2 and since I have a tall tower, i actually mounted them below the tower, facing down. Very handy for custom, fat boards....and I am still able to use my bimini that way
                          You can email him directly at Corsonpiper@gmail.com. Shipped....they cost $280 for 1 rack and $480 for 2 racks. Then you gotta buy the pads (about $20 per set)....and the mounts (cost depends on what mount you buy).

Comment

How do you use a bimini with these rack and an Alpha Z tower?
                            Last edited by 007; 06-29-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
                              Those overhead racks are made by Corson Piper....I also got 2 and since I have a tall tower, i actually mounted them below the tower, facing down. Very handy for custom, fat boards....and I am still able to use my bimini that way
                              You can email him directly at Corsonpiper@gmail.com. Shipped....they cost $280 for 1 rack and $480 for 2 racks. Then you gotta buy the pads (about $20 per set)....and the mounts (cost depends on what mount you buy).
                              Check out my racks! They are a lot cheaper and already come with pads. You only have to buy the clamps depending on your tower. In the classifieds section.

Comment

Working...
                              X