No announcement yet.

Under Bow Cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I as well pulled my seats after seeing this thread and it was also nasty. All sorts of dirt, bugs, water, and even a rusty razor blade from install I assume. What I find is a poor design is that the big seat, wind dam, and cooler lid are all connected. You'd think they could have made it into a couple separate parts, so you could leave the main seats out to dry up but still have the cooler closed. Oh well I will just be diligent in raising and wiping out under neath the bow seats at least once a week.

Comment

I just pulled my seats out this weekend after reading this thread and it was NASTY!! Don't get me wrong I love my boat but this is a poor design. Not only that it would've been nice for my dealer to tell me about this when we did orientation on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
        I actually used strips of vinyl plank flooring. I had some laying around so I cut it in strips and placed them strategically. They are about 1/4" thick. We shall see how it works. The key is getting air down there.
        Originally posted by tigeZ16 View Post
        I just pulled my seats out this weekend after reading this thread and it was NASTY!! Don't get me wrong I love my boat but this is a poor design. Not only that it would've been nice for my dealer to tell me about this when we did orientation on the boat.

Originally posted by flatlandsurf View Post
        I as well pulled my seats after seeing this thread and it was also nasty. All sorts of dirt, bugs, water, and even a rusty razor blade from install I assume. What I find is a poor design is that the big seat, wind dam, and cooler lid are all connected. You'd think they could have made it into a couple separate parts, so you could leave the main seats out to dry up but still have the cooler closed. Oh well I will just be diligent in raising and wiping out under neath the bow seats at least once a week.
        Originally posted by tigeZ16 View Post

In my RZ4 they are all separate pieces which allows me to just take out the cushions fairly easily. Still, the under cushion design is bad. If they were trying to keep water out of the bow, why would they leave the gigantic nose section wide open? doesn't really make sense to me. At think its fair to say Tige forget to drill at least two holes. I'm going to do some exploring and see how much room is in the bow. If it looks like water will drain to the back, I may open those holes up a little more. I think that would solve a lot of the problems. I would really like it if there was access under all three bow cushions instead of just one. But I'm not about to take a jigsaw to anything.
        BABz - babzusa.com
        Austin, TX

Comment

Well after reading this post I am definitely going to pull mine after I get it back from the dealership that is trying to fix my TAPS 3 system.

Comment

Originally posted by hcooperrn View Post
            Here's the '17 Z3, there are four holes, I could only call them weep holes, not drains, they are about 1/4" in the 4 corners. I paid attention yesterday -- the drain for the bow is definitely the cooler . The front bow piece popped right out, the middle single piece was a bear. The middle piece had a few 1.5" holes that had visible yellow foam in the bottom, I'm assuming for draining/venting.

I'll be popping the bow piece out after every trip I think, and JohnnieMo's idea sounds like a winner -- some strips of rubber, enough to be supportive so it doesn't just squish down in between over time should help keep it dry under there and protect the bottom of the cushion.

Here's the pic, the divider just flopped down on me. The divider and cover piece, along with the cooler cover, are all part of that single interior piece. This water is after being out of the lake after a week.

I must have missed this reply earlier. So 4 holes confirmed! I'm surprised how different your Z looks under there. I might shoot tige a direct email and see what they have to say about all of this. Also, for all you guys checking yours out of the first time, my pics were post cleaning. My bow was absolutely disgusting. Cushions still aren't 100% clean after a ton of scrubbing with some full strength Totally Awesome. There was also a ton of crap under my cooler, which is why its out in the pics.
            BABz - babzusa.com
            Austin, TX

Comment

I am going to pull mine this week now. I doubt they have ever been pulled. I just bought the boat and some of the seats needed heavy cleaning so I can only imagine what might be living under there.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I've been wanting to pull mine out on my R20, I started tugging on it and it felt as if it was going to come out, yet felt as if something was going to snap at the same time so I stopped. Maybe Ill try a little harder lol

Comment

Over 300 hours on my r20 and I've never gotten my bow seat out. The centre front section does come out though.

Comment

Well!!! I got it out, and you guys weren't kidding it's in there tight! Had to wiggle it out and oh boy the surprises I found hiding under the seats!
                    1. A Cricket (still alive...or was when I found it)
                    2. $1.93 cents
                    3. A fishing hook....seriously a fishing hook.

Amount the above a variety of leaves and dirt etc. here are some before and afters.
                    IMG_1390.jpgIMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1389.jpg
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

All of you guys are correct. This front seat (butterfly) cushion on the Z1, Z3, R20 and RZR and a bear to "gently" work loose and pull up. If you "bend/flex" the cushion board to much to get out, you can snap the board because it will only "flex" so much. The larger the boat the easier compared to the RZR and Z1 boats I have experience with. So, be patient and maybe have a second person assist by holding that fiberglass windscreen and cooler hatch as they are ALL CONNECTED to make it my difficult.

Yes, everyone should clean the scum, leaves and food under this area any time you know you took on water over the bow or annual winterization. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to clean the underside upholstery. Once you do it successfully once, it is easier the second time. Still be careful not to force it too much.

I am amazed why dealers do not show or demonstrate how this is done. I think the dealers know how frustrating this is, they intentionally do not talk about it out of fear of snapping the cushion board.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...sembly-Removal

Good luck.
                      Last edited by NHarp1; 06-29-2017, 04:16 PM.
                      Nick
                      Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I had no idea these came out......

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
                          I had no idea these came out......
                          Me either, start with center bow cushion up front that comes out pretty easy. The rest was a bit tricker but was able to do it alone and get it out. I will confess this will not be a routine cleaning. Maybe once every couple of trips, as Nharp said I rarely have people or anything in the bow now that it's clean I won't worry about it to much.

Comment

I got my R20 cushion out tonight with the amount of kids that were in the boat this weekend and taking a wave. I found opening the front starboard locker door it gave me some more wiggle.

Comment

Originally posted by hcooperrn View Post
                              I have completely missed something -- do the bow cushions just lift up on all (I have a Z3)? I tugged a bit and thought they might be bolted -- do they really just lift up? Got caught in rough wind and took a few shots over the bow on Saturday, now I'm starting to worry it didn't all drain down...
                              I pull up the front cushion on my Z3 all the time, I dismantled the flip up poly wind deflector and store it instead under the seats. I also took apart the cooler cushion and keep it loose on top of cooler. The water and humidity smell was starting to be a problem. It takes a bit of muscle to pull it up however once you remove the hinge from the cooler cushion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Did it today. Wasn't that bad but now look like brand new! And yesss it's kind of $&@+*^ tight
                                Here is before

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X