No announcement yet.

Help me spend my money! (New surfboard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's looking for a skimmer--Nick does have a nice used one for sale I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
      He's looking for a skimmer--Nick does have a nice used one for sale I think!

He does buts it's still $600....
      I read a ton of reviews and after talking with my little bro we decided to wait on picking up a legit board until the average age of the crew is a bit older....

I grabbed a 2017 Liquid Force Primo to try after finding a pretty darn good deal...sounds like it should be a mid level board and a bit faster than my fish....

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
        Looking at picking up a skim board to add to the mix. Right now all I have is a LF Fish so I know most boards out there will be a decent step up however I'm having a hard time deciding..... My budget is $450 (might stretch it to $500 if need be)...For that amount I feel like probably my best bet is to grab one of the Doomswell blems. My only hesitation is the size. I'm 6'2" and weight ~210-215 lbs. The only size available right now is a 4'4" Skim (https://www.doomswell.com/collection...nt=28537678279)

Is that going to be too small for my build?

Second concern I have is how high maintenance these things are. I have a 2017 R21 so I do not have sub-floor ballast. I do have tower racks and bimini sleeves. I've read that I can't even put these things in a rack or a sleeve so what do guys do with these boards when their ballast is full (minus the RZX guys). We have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old, and one due any day now so I don't want to have surfboard(s) laying on the floor with crazy kiddos running around on the boat. If it's a no-go on the rack/bimini what other skim board recommendations do you guys have?

I've been checking out the Ronix Technora line (I guess that replaced their carbon line) but any other suggestions for my price range?
        I just picked up the Ronix Technora Powertail + and love it so far(1 lake day in), it's their new surf/skim combo board. Thicker for sure than my skims but still fits in my racks. It's super fast and we notice we can really drop back in the wave which we couldn't do with our other boards(with our level of riding and our wave) . It's got a nice quick release fin setup and it's nice to ride higher up on the water. No complaints so far. Was looking at the Thruster but was told this model was better.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
          He does buts it's still $600....
          I read a ton of reviews and after talking with my little bro we decided to wait on picking up a legit board until the average age of the crew is a bit older....

I grabbed a 2017 Liquid Force Primo to try after finding a pretty darn good deal...sounds like it should be a mid level board and a bit faster than my fish....
          To a certain degree, you get what you pay for. Good boards are so good. If you've been riding a fish, you will CRAP YOURSELF on a good board.

A hundred or two more bucks on a way better board to me is worth it considering I pump $200 of gas into my boat every weekend.

But, I totally get it if you have a hard budget!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
            To a certain degree, you get what you pay for. Good boards are so good. If you've been riding a fish, you will CRAP YOURSELF on a good board.

A hundred or two more bucks on a way better board to me is worth it considering I pump $200 of gas into my boat every weekend.

But, I totally get it if you have a hard budget!

Yeah man the wife and I are focused on paying the boat off over the next 2 years and once it's paid off I plan on grabbing my first real board and adding a third amp/tower speakers to complete the system

Comment

Working...
            X