Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Delta

Originally posted by Tigeluv View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with a Z1 and any of these products? I have the surf ballast and no avx. I am not sure if there is enough weight like others have written about.
    I don't have any personal experience with a Z1. But if you're listing right now, any of these devices will allow you to fill 100% of your available ballast. As opposed to having was side at 50% or less. I know that was a huge contributing factor on my RZ4.
    Last edited by BlackoutATX; 06-09-2017, 06:44 AM.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Comment

A smaller boat like a Z1 requires less ballast also to sink it and get good wave. As long as you at least have the PnP....you will be fine. No boat will create a great wave without ballast....but I hear you can get away with a little less ballast with suck gate as long as you have a good place on your hull to stick it where its a couple inches under water when you add ballast.

Comment

I finally decided to just make a surfgate. I really like the looks and simplicity of the nauticurl but i'm going to see how my homemade version works first. Less than $30 an about an hour of time is money and time well spent I hope. I used 1/2" pex for the spacer to create the angle. It's about 2-1/4" long. I'm going to take some shorter pieces too and play with the angle if needed. Can't wait to try it out.

IMG_1439.jpg

Comment

Mission Delta on a 2005 22v - I just purchased one and started surfing. Right where it looks like I should position the place puts it on top of the 22v decal at the stern. I can't get it to stay on. I'm wondering if I need to take off the decal (would rather not). Anyone have experience with this? Advice? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Push on each suction cup really hard before you "lock it". If you do not get all air and water out of suction, it will come off. Took me a few tries on mine where it was coming off...once I realized you gotta put good pressure on it before locking (you can feel the difference when you push it down), it stays on even thru 3hr surf sessions where we start and stop 30 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kully View Post
              Mission Delta on a 2005 22v - I just purchased one and started surfing. Right where it looks like I should position the place puts it on top of the 22v decal at the stern. I can't get it to stay on. I'm wondering if I need to take off the decal (would rather not). Anyone have experience with this? Advice? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Have you recently waxed the boat? Sometimes that plays a factor. Our boat is wrapped and we have not had an issue once. It says on the boat all day long.

Comment

And not just on the suction cups. Push down on the levers before locking them.

It's actually in the Mission Delta instructions. Mine has never fallen off...

https://vimeo.com/189210991

Comment

Working...
                X