Mission Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Delta

I was at my dealer on Friday to pick up a new board. Unfortunately, FedEx screwed up the shipping. So will be waiting until Tuesday for the board. However, I ended up walking out with the Mission Delta to demo. The guys up there convinced me I needed to give it a try. They said they had never had one not get bought after demo. Got a chance to get it out on Saturday. All I can say is WOW. I was in complete shock the minute I got on the wave. What a difference this little guy makes. I've learned that these RZ4s really need lots of weight. Being able to fill both sides to 100% and use this little guy produced a completely different wave. Push is insane. Pocket is long and smooth. Kept the AVX on 4 for most of the day. Weather didn't cooperate so didn't get a ton of time out there. I can' wait to get back out. Also, the first time I was in the water with a buddy of mine driving, he gunned it to almost 20mph on accident. The Mission Delta popped off and the leash broke off. Within minute we found it doing its float thing. Snagged it, reattached and went on our way. I couldn't find one negative about the device. Anyone who has one of the larger boats (or any boat for that matter) who has been thinking about grabbing one of these, do it and don't look back. Having to not list the boat and worry about where everyone was seated was just an added bonus.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Awesome to hear. The device really seems to be a game changer for a lot of people.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Just the fact it floats is pretty cool. I'm gonna build one on the cheap and am planning on modeling mine after the delta. I just have to figure out a way to make it float without making it ugly at the same time.

Comment

Cant remember who posted it but they leash theirs to a bumper/fender/anchor buoy and set it on the back of the boat. If it pops off you just retrieve your fender with said shaper attached. Quick and dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
          Just the fact it floats is pretty cool. I'm gonna build one on the cheap and am planning on modeling mine after the delta. I just have to figure out a way to make it float without making it ugly at the same time.
          I have about a 12 inch piece of pool noodle attached to my homemade one and it floats like a champ...but mine has never popped off and I have been using it for one full season, cost me less than $50 to make.

Comment

The floating is defiantly a must. Although I don't see why the fender idea wouldn't work. Sounds like a good idea in general to make it more visible in the water.
            BABz - babzusa.com
            Austin, TX

Comment

My home made on has a little wood in it so it floats. Has only come off twice in a half season of use last year.

These devises work great for a lot of boats and has been a game changer.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Definitely a game changer in my boat too! Wakeman22 can attest to that as many others as well!

Comment

Something else I noticed. Although my testing wasn't very precise, I couldn't tell any difference in fuel consumption (GPH) or general boat handling. I know some boats have experienced this. I think the size of the RZ4, the Surf ballasts at 3500lbs, and the prop makes the Mission Delta's drag insignificant.
                  BABz - babzusa.com
                  Austin, TX

Comment

Adding over 2000lbs of ballast since I can weight it mostly level (I slightly list with 250lbs less on non-surf side)....for total of 4,550 of ballast including 400lbs of lead that I add to my 500lb bow bag at front....my Nauticurl and extra ballast only increase my rpm by 200. List surfing I am at 3,200rpm....Nauticurl/extra ballast, I am at 3,400rpm. Doubt that changes my fuel consumption much. The suck gate also adds push to my wave and with extra ballast, my wave gets bigger and longer. I was out this afternoon and recovering from tricks over 20ft back and still able to get back into it. Love it

Comment

We're thinking of trying a Mission this season on our Ultra-Ballasted 24Ve. From our AutoWake development days we have accurate fuel consumption data in real time, so we will be able to measure before-and-after results. If we get around to trying a Mission, I'll post what we learn.

Comment

I have been thinking of trying one of the surf products on my 2015 Z3 with AVX
                        biggest issue is my lake is to shallow in some areas and nothing can fix that!

6 to 14ft max

Comment

Actually *Tomp.... I have heard several people say that using a suck gate retains much of the "push", even in shallow water under 10ft....tho its just what I have heard. My lakes are pretty deep, so cant say from personal experience. Would make sense tho since coming more from the side than from under the boat to generate the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomp View Post
                            I have been thinking of trying one of the surf products on my 2015 Z3 with AVX
                            biggest issue is my lake is to shallow in some areas and nothing can fix that!

6 to 14ft max
                            Defiantly worth a shot. I have AVX. apparently they work pretty well together. But I have never surfed in water that shallow.
                            BABz - babzusa.com
                            Austin, TX

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with a Z1 and any of these products? I have the surf ballast and no avx. I am not sure if there is enough weight like others have written about.

Comment

Working...
                              X