No announcement yet.

Fresh Air Wake Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only got one set in Sunday as it was multiple family hang out day and then the lake got blown out later in the day.
    Results so far are trim control is great (I didn't have one before), there is no spray from the plate or tip, there is no exhaust while surfing, it's quieter, but I lost 3mph top end and I don't think this duct/hose is going to last long term. I've heard the regular surf pipes/FAE also loose top end so not sure how that compares.
    As for the wave it did not have any negative effects. I was riding a new board and had a rookie driver so I can't say how one setting is vs another yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it was easy, everybody would do it!
    www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

So then would marine exhaust hose work better maybe just less flexible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the angle. My angle is more severe than my buddy's because the exhaust is closer to the intake on the plate. If you are building it the further the connection points are away from each other the less of an angle.
        www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperryd View Post
          Depends on the angle. My angle is more severe than my buddy's because the exhaust is closer to the intake on the plate. If you are building it the further the connection points are away from each other the less of an angle.
          Makes sense. What do you think of the aircraft ducting posted above? Do you think it would be more durable? Also is the pipe going off under the plate necessary?

Comment

Haven't had time to look at that ducting yet. As for the exhaust tip, you only need that if you want to keep water out of your motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

What about a small angled one like this on the new centurions...IMG_1071.jpg

Comment

That is a very complicated exhaust system. It also comes out the holes above it and takes in water in the front of it. Mine is a much simpler design. In an earlier version without the large tip my buddy got water all the way back to the cat. Not good. You can trial an error it a million ways. This is what we came up with. You might find a better way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Ok and you say that the larger tip doesn't affect the wave that much right? I see that with normal fae people are making wave flaps because the spray is worse. This must help having the exhaust tip on the wakeplate so the plate smooths it out possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperryd View Post
                    That is a very complicated exhaust system. It also comes out the holes above it and takes in water in the front of it. Mine is a much simpler design. In an earlier version without the large tip my buddy got water all the way back to the cat. Not good. You can trial an error it a million ways. This is what we came up with. You might find a better way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                    Any pics of the bottom of the plate where the tip comes out?

Comment

From flying small planes that utilize that exhaust tubing I can tell you it is not that robust. My guess is it wouldn't last long as it's made to sit stationary. Time to go see what Centurion is using on there design!

Chug-I have an FAE on my boat and I didn't notice the spray being much different from before installation to after. I ran my boat without the swim deck on it at the end of last season and I realized the deck is blocking all the spray. It was putting off a pretty good rooster tail without the deck on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                        From flying small planes that utilize that exhaust tubing I can tell you it is not that robust. My guess is it wouldn't last long as it's made to sit stationary. Time to go see what Centurion is using on there design!

Chug-I have an FAE on my boat and I didn't notice the spray being much different from before installation to after. I ran my boat without the swim deck on it at the end of last season and I realized the deck is blocking all the spray. It was putting off a pretty good rooster tail without the deck on it.
                        I kind of figured that the swim deck would catch most of the spray but was wondering if the taps plate would possibly smooth this out as well if the exhaust was through it.

I would love to see what centurion uses on their just now sure how to find out.

Comment

As noted in my post on the first page, Centurion is having some known issues. One of which is the exhaust tubing ripping. If you look at theirs, look at the material and find something different.

I honestly think this design is onto something. It is much cleaner looking and provides two functions in one feature...nice work!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                          X