Fresh Air Wake Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Air Wake Plate

I thought you guys might like this. A good friend and I have been playing with the idea of combining a trim plate with an FAE. We came up with this. It's fully stainless steel. My buddy's has two wings on it. I didn't want to affect my goofy wave since it is already awesome. I will be doing a lake trial on Sunday. I'll let you know how it works.

IMG_7087.jpg
    IMG_7092.jpg
    IMG_7089.jpg
    If it was easy, everybody would do it!
    www.WakeGarage.com

Cool idea! I'd love to hear how it effects the wave, spray, etc.. Does your boat have wings on the plate stock?

Comment

Nice work. This looks great.

There is a thread on Centurion Crew of some issues and some may lead back to their Silent Stinger. In addition, it is well known that the tubing they use is not holding up.
      http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...comment-162459

I look forward to seeing how this works out for you.
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Yep we shall see. I won't be running crazy ballast and sinking my boat that deep. Just stock plus 550s in the lockers and 300lbs of lead in the nose. My wave was pretty sweet last year with 300s in the lockers and no bow weight. The flexible duct is my first gen so we shall see. My buddy's boat has marine exhaust hose. Might be awesome, might be next year's anchor. LOL
        www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
          Cool idea! I'd love to hear how it effects the wave, spray, etc.. Does your boat have wings on the plate stock?
          I didn't have a wake plate, so I gained trim control and exhaust redirect.
          www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

You need to bushing the lenco on the tab. A couple pieces of plastic will do to keep it center and square during movement. My buddy used one in a similar fashion without and he got a year before the lenco started taking on water and eventually stop working.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              You need to bushing the lenco on the tab. A couple pieces of plastic will do to keep it center and square during movement. My buddy used one in a similar fashion without and he got a year before the lenco started taking on water and eventually stop working.
              No doubt. Those pics were right after I put it on. Since then I added the spacers and changed around the clamping too. Thanks for the heads up though.
              www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Yep, centurion released it last year for the 2017 models.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I didn't say it's the first one ever, but I don't want a 2017 Centurion and they have way too much going on in that silent stinger. This one is simplified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Any wave pics yet?

Comment

That vintage WB throws a mean wave. There's one here locally that runs super listed(I believe 1100's on top of subfloor) and it throws easily one of the meanest waves I've seen. Watched unsuspecting runabouts come over the backside and bury the bow coming over. Where did you source your flexible tubing from?? Did you powder coat it after fabrication or is that painted?? Wondering if your buddies marine exhaust tube will fold or kink after repeated cycles.

Comment

Ya just wondering if the exhaust would affect the wave.

And x2 on what the source of the marine exhaust was and how you made this plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is all stainless and powder coated. The duct is a tough one you have to buy 12' lengths and it's $27 a foot. I got lucky on getting the piece I did through a friend. So far so good on my buddies hose. His exhaust is a little further away from his plate so it's not as tight. Different hull on his boat.

www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Could you use something like this for the hose?

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39761-R...5F0Ujf6DA&th=1

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                              That vintage WB throws a mean wave. There's one here locally that runs super listed(I believe 1100's on top of subfloor) and it throws easily one of the meanest waves I've seen. Watched unsuspecting runabouts come over the backside and bury the bow coming over. Where did you source your flexible tubing from?? Did you powder coat it after fabrication or is that painted?? Wondering if your buddies marine exhaust tube will fold or kink after repeated cycles.
                              It throws a awesome wave without overloading it. I run stock with 550s in the lockers and 300lbs lead in the nose with my surf system.

www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X