No announcement yet.

Misc items for new boat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line it up straight then slow bumps in and out of gear will get you on the trailer with no problems.

These boars drive awesome around the docks if you know how to power them correctly. The can spin on a dime in a tight circle. You will be fine.

Main thing is enjoy it!
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

x3 on the goggles and a good sharp knife. We have had to cut ropes out of our drive shaft and prop. Also want a pack of Celox in case the unthinkable happens -

https://www.amazon.com/Celox-V12090-.../dp/B004NG8V1M

Comment

I always keep baby wipes on board. Well known to remove just about anything from just about anything.

My tool kit evolved from things I've replaced or routine maintenance items. As an example, once you change an impeller, take the tools you used and put them in the boat tool box. There's no use packing around a 12mm socket if you don't have a 12mm bolt.

Definitely get your tools together for changing a tire on the trailer. The bolts that hold the spare on my trailer are a different size than the actual lugs. A big breaker bar and proper socket for the lugs is a must. Those things tend to get really tight from the heat generated by a blow out. If the wheels were put on with an impact wrench, good luck. I'd have them torqued properly. Tire shops tend to over torque them all the time.

It doesn't seem to be very popular but, I run a Comptech safety release on my boat. I've never had a situation with it on there but if I ever do, it'll pay for itself instantly. It's a lot cheaper than trying to rebuild your buddy's arm. https://www.skyski.com/product-p/65-0800.htm
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Jeez, out of all the things everyone listed which I too have. I also have a roll of TP in a zip lock. You never know when something is gonna hit and you aren't near a washroom. I guess you could always water birth it too.lol.

Caribiners: I had some from my rock climbing days. They work well for clipping on to other floats, if you have too tow someone. I also use one for my surf rope. A short piece goes around the surf side of my alpha Z then clipped in to the main line.

Ram Mount for Cell Phone: Best thing I bought (thanks Dukesofhazzard). Use the same mount in my truck and boat. Just bought the suction cup kit for the boat.

Boat Towels: I keep about 4 towels in the boat just for cleaning up, wiping down the boat. Making the kids sit on when eating, etc.

Gear Ties: If you have a bimini these are the best thing you could buy yourself if you constantly have to take it down. They work well for anything else around the boat you may need to hang, tie up etc: https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Organ.../dp/B00TZ8UK2G

Comment

Working...
          X