No announcement yet.

Suck Gate Mount Location - Low Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a bag that is just bigger than your locker dimensions so it will fill up all the usable space. Any larger and it's just wasted. Too small and you're missing valuable ballast.

Comment

I have an 08 Z1 and ChpThrl sold me a custom fit bag for my goofy side that extends below the seat behind driver and completely fills rear goofy locker. It hits the bottom of the cooler but still works great and maximizes the weight I can get on that side. I didn't do the port side yet and still have the factory box in there which is only 250 lbs. I am going to pull that box as well and put in a generic rectangular 30x20x20. I don't want to go under the seats on that side as storage is a big issue as it is in my boat.

On a separate note, I tried a homemade suck gate on Sunday and I must not have had it mounted low enough. It was just above the ridge line in the hull. All it did was create an enormous fountain of water that went up then down into the vent (air intake) in my boat. The wave on opposite side was awful!
      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Working...
      X