2015 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z1

We are thinking about a 2015 Z1 with the AVX system ... can someone tell me the pros & cons of this system or boat? No warranty so what would be the most likely thing to trouble me? Can you get a "decent" - beginner - surf wave WITHOUT filling the ballast?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 z1 avx system

Stock ballast

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan C View Post
      2015 z1 avx system

Stock ballast

If I understand correctly ... you have the ballast tanks full? I'm looking for the wave WITHOUT anything in the ballast.

Comment

Z1 is a very good boat. AVX system probably make the best surf wave on the market..

Pros and cons depends on what you are based on.

Compare to other brand. Tigé are versatile boats, you can easily have a slalom ski wake, decent wakeboard and a perfect WakeSurf wave.
        All material and product are very good quality.

The AVX system is the best system for wakesurfing. TAPS3 system is good but it's kind of the easy way. You can change the wave side in a click of a button. But AVX correctly set give you a better wave.

Lots of electronic instead maybe that's what can trouble with years.. but how you can have a 2015 with no warranty..?

And why you want to have a decent wave with no ballast.. you just can't. And any wakeboat gonna give a decent wave for surfing with no weight.

Comment

250 front and 400 back surf side

Sorry mist understood [emoji85]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
            Z1 is a very good boat. AVX system probably make the best surf wave on the market..

Compare to other brand. Tigé are versatile boats, you can easily have a slalom ski wake, decent wakeboard and a perfect WakeSurf wave.

The AVX system is the best system for wakesurfing. TAPS3 system is good but it's kind of the easy way. You can change the wave side in a click of a button. But AVX correctly set give you a better wave.

Lots of electronic instead maybe that's what can trouble with years.. but how you can have a 2015 with no warranty..?

And why you want to have a decent wave with no ballast.. you just can't. And any wakeboat gonna give a decent wave for surfing with no weight.
            2015 is used (my dealer will not transfer warranty from buyers) - not sure I like that or not. (It may be a Tige thing though). The "no ballast" is because the small lake it will be on doesn't allow ballast tanks to be used (yet). Hopefully this will change in the future! 🤞🏽

Comment

There is no way you will get a good wave without some form of ballast. If they will not allow you to use ballast tanks, would you be allowed to use non water ballast such as lead bags? You need to displace water to create a wave or solid wake. Without adding something to the boat, you could get yourself a bunch of heavy friends and put them all on one side of the boat.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Dandy said it, you must have ballast of some kind...whether water, lead or people. Question is how they specify "ballast" on your lake and if that is specifically to keep people from creating a wave to surf. If that is case, they will likely find a way to shut you down no matter how you do it....but till then, you could forgo the water ballast, and either use people or some other kind of heavy weight like lead.

Comment

man, that would take a lot of lead and peeps to make a decent wave without water....
                  I think if that were the rules on my lake, I'd look for another lake or another form of recreation. not worth the headache.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post

No offense but the AVX is inferior to Taps 3, and its not remotely the "Easy way". Ive been in both, surfed them tested them and slammed them. When weighed correctly the taps 3 system is vastly superior and its not even close...

I will say that the AVX far exceeds Taps 3 in shallow water performance...... but that is about it.
                    Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-08-2017, 01:54 AM.
                    Germaine Marine
                    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Are there size restrictions on this lake? A 40+ foot cruiser will put out one heck of a wave with no ballast. other wise, most anything else thats going to create displacement will likely fall under the ballast restriction as "wake enhancement device". Good luck. An AV or AVX equipped boat is not one I would want on a ballast restricted lake. It adds running surface, requiring even more ballast to offset.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                        No offense but the AVX is inferior to Taps 3, and its not remotely the "Easy way". Ive been in both, surfed them tested them and slammed them. When weighed correctly the taps 3 system is vastly superior and its not even close...

I will say that the AVX far exceeds Taps 3 in shallow water performance...... but that is about it.
                        I normally just sit back and do not reply - but I'm sorry, I have to strongly disagree with this. Elevated, you and I had this conversation a couple years ago I think...so my apologies for starting again...

I have not been in a "correctly" weighted Taps3 boat yet I suppose, but there is no way the AVX wave is inferior. I know there is a lot of personal opinion in the whole "best wave" conversations but I have not been on another boat (other than G23) that I would trade for my AVX wave. Not yet anyways...

To the OPs question: My Z3 without ballast and AVX (lots of adjustability with AVX) is surfable for my kids and wife but not me. It will make a wave but just doesn't have the push for me (190lbs).

I love the AVX, the adjustability is just awesome. Its listed, but that doesn't bother us. We list at 8* - and coming from a 22v listed to the moon, the 8* doesn't feel like anything...

Again, my

Comment

Like others have said without any ballast your gonna be really disappointed. Unless you have some good sized people in the boat your not even going to get it to list over to build any wave. I demo'd plenty of people on Z1's and even stock with surf ballast they aren't good. The Z-1 needs a lot of weight to surf well.

Filling the boat full of people would be your only chance with no ballast. Im talking like 10-12 good sized adults placed in the right spots and even then it won't be good, but it would much lighter people.

Also FYI, as a beginner more is what you need not less. Seasoned riders learn tricks to help ride a smaller wave. Until you learn, a bigger wave gives you a lot larger margin for error.

Comment

I think it is great people love their AVX even though Tige has gone to the TAPS3. I also love my AVX and its ability to adjust to the perfect wake. TAPS3 is now the big technology until something new replaces it. Enjoy what you got since we all love the sport!
                            Nick
                            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Craziest thing to me is that Tige would spent all the time and money into R&D and then production on the VX and AVX platform for just a few years and then totally re-tool and go to TAPS 3. We can all argue over which produces a better wave, but you would think that Tige wouldn't have made the decision to switch without any engineering, thought, and testing before they made the switch. Doesn't mean it was the best call, just saying they obviously had their reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X