2014 Z1 BOAT COVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
    I worked for a dealership and unwrapped probably 100 boats and have owned 3 new and everyone came with a pole. Its silver, its adjustable and it has a snap at the top. Have warrantied many covers and open the box and EVERYONE has a pole. There is a snap in the cover where the pole attaches to the cover. I know for a fact up until at least 2015 your source can't possibly be accurate.

If your saying a small cover pole is an ordered option...something the local dealer ordered and others didn't....doubtful.

The pole they come with just so happens to look exactly like the one pictured about 4 posts up!!
    In 15-16 poles were not included with any ordered cover. Dealers might have ordered a ton and included them but that was not an included feature with every cover. In 17 they have been included again.

I would imagine pre 15 followed the same lines.....
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

For example my 16 didn't come with a pole.
      Germaine Marine

Comment

Could also be a region thing.......
        Germaine Marine

Comment

Just get it repaired. I nice 1 foot wide strip sewn over that will fix it. Get it embroidered or something so it looks like it's supposed to be there.

I towed with my cover down to Texas in March. It was snowing in Colorado so I didn't want to get things grubby. Hit crazy crosswinds in the panhandle that about ripped it off. I stopped and it was still inflated like a parachute. I had to put my 16 y/o daughter on the swim deck and she was still getting bounced up and down. It marked the gel coat a little as well. Everything buffed out to perfect, but I'm no longer a fan of towing with the cover on. Maybe for a dusty road or through snow...but I'll just try to avoid that.

Anyways, just repair it for $50 -$100 and be done with it.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I did decide to order one online from Carver. I will probably get the other one fixed and have as a spare.... or sell it to the next guy who needs one a.s.a.p.!

Comment

Working...
            X