2014 Z1 BOAT COVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z1 BOAT COVER

Anyone out there have a cover for a 2014 Z1 they want to part with? I picked boat up from dealer yesterday and didn't inspect cover installation thoroughly enough before trailering. The pole in the bow was not set up correctly, and within minutes on the freeway, the front portion of the cover was shredded.

Thanks

Who installed the cover? I would go have a nice conversation with the dealer and see what they can do. Covers aren't cheap.

Comment

There was a pole in the bow? We bought our 2014 Z1 off the floor, and our cover didn't come with a pole, or need one for that matter. I can't help but wonder if it was the original cover on your boat or not. Here's a picture of ours;
      IMG_0233.jpg

Comment

D&P Powell our 2014 r20 came with one. But we never use it.

Comment

bsreid- the 2014 Z1 has bow cushions throughout the bow. If I remember correctly, the R20 has the walk thru bow? If someone were to use a pole in the bow in the Z1, it would seem odd as it would sit on the vinyl unless they raised the center cushion and the wind damn. I guess it's possible. I just don't see the need if the cover is tight all the way around.

Comment

I'm at work now but I'll take a picture when I get home. The pole rests just in front of the lift up cooler cushion. I should have made sure cover was on correctly before I left dealer. My bad.

Comment

glides - As one of the co-coordinators of the West Coast Tige Owners reunion, and without giving away too much information on our raffle prizes this year, let me just say if you are anywhere around Lake Mead from September 15-17, this might be a great year for someone in a situation like yours to attend . We love our sponsors!

On a separate (but related) note one of our sponsors this year is http://commercialsewing.com/products...erable-covers/. If you are interested in a new cover, you might want to reach out to Kelly Slay at slayk@commercialsewing.com.

Comment

My beautiful cover!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

We used an over the tower cover with our previous boat and plan on the same for our new one. They are reasonably priced from Carver covers.

Comment

I'd look around locally and have it repaired. Would be a whole lot cheaper

Comment

+1

Comment

They do come with a pole, but its not recommended to use it while towing. If you want something in there while towing a beach ball is the preferred method.

When covers rip like that they are usually shot.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                          They do come with a pole, but its not recommended to use it while towing.
                          At the risk of hijacking the thread (please forgive me glides), I looked into this a little further. I was just curious if I had missed out on something I was supposed to get. It is now my understanding (from very reliable sources within Tige) that the poles are not standard. Perhaps for a specific dealership, but not from Tige. Learn something new every day.

Comment

I worked for a dealership and unwrapped probably 100 boats and have owned 3 new and everyone came with a pole. Its silver, its adjustable and it has a snap at the top. Have warrantied many covers and open the box and EVERYONE has a pole. There is a snap in the cover where the pole attaches to the cover. I know for a fact up until at least 2015 your source can't possibly be accurate.

If your saying a small cover pole is an ordered option...something the local dealer ordered and others didn't....doubtful.

The pole they come with just so happens to look exactly like the one pictured about 4 posts up!!
                            Last edited by boardman74; 05-08-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ver&highlight=

Try getting ahold of member Gibbs. He had one for sale couple years back. He may still have it

Comment

Working...
                              X