No announcement yet.

Slide Anchor, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We pay out the appropriate amount of line I use 5 ft. of chain even though slide anchor says you don't need to and I have a snubber. Still busts loose.

Comment

I have the small box anchor on my 22v and have never had a problem. We haven't really anchored much when the winds are high but I often have another boat tied to mine and no problems. I do wonder if the baby size would hold. That small size is just big and heavy enough to be a PIA to store (even folded) and deploy. I would think bottom composition would matter. Box anchors seem to like sand bottoms best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If you already have one small anchor that isn't enough it might be better to add another one and have 2 small anchors than 1 large one?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We have sandy/muddy bottom on our lake. I can bury it and it will still pop and never resets on its own. No biggy - like I said for going to the sandbar it works fine but anchoring overnight with our Florida storms is a no go. I stopped using it for that about two years ago.
          Our afternoon storms in the summer can get 20-30 mph winds no problem. The danforth never lets go.

We also tried one of these http://sandsharkanchor.com/ which I did like but not as easy to set up as it looks. I had to really go deep to get any holding power. Also if you have a pickle fork bow it will get hung up on it and wreck the gel coat (I speak from experience)

Comment

Originally posted by whiteflash watersports View Post
            We have sandy/muddy bottom on our lake. I can bury it and it will still pop and never resets on its own. No biggy - like I said for going to the sandbar it works fine but anchoring overnight with our Florida storms is a no go. I stopped using it for that about two years ago.
            Our afternoon storms in the summer can get 20-30 mph winds no problem. The danforth never lets go.

We also tried one of these http://sandsharkanchor.com/ which I did like but not as easy to set up as it looks. I had to really go deep to get any holding power. Also if you have a pickle fork bow it will get hung up on it and wreck the gel coat (I speak from experience)
            Wow that looks awesome. I have a SlideAnchor Spike, but that looks even better.
            BABz - babzusa.com
            Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
            X