Slide Anchor, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide Anchor, etc

Anybody have any good sites where I should purchase a slide box anchor? Any insights on a sale going on right now?.... Do most guys get the "small" for their boat? I'll also be grabbing a brick of life jackets to throw in the boat too...

Thanks!

- Matt

Check out Slide Anchor in Lake Havasu City. AZ. They will ship to you no problem. Not sure what boat you have but he has the specs on the length of boat in relation to size of anchor needed. Though you could just buy the large one and be good no matter what. They just had a boat show a few weeks ago, might be able to swing something from them.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

got mine used on ebay 1/2 price

Comment

Bought mine from Overtons, they were having a sale. I have a 22VE and bought a small. Supposedly they're good for boats up to 30'. Haven't had it break loose yet.

Comment

Ha sorry I thought I included the boat in my post...I have a 2017 R21

Comment

Amazon has the small for $143 and free shipping. I had the small in my Z3 and it worked great. I think the large would be overkill. We don't have crazy winds in our area so your area might be different but i almost think the baby box anchor would work. I lost mine last year so I'm looking for another one. Hoping to find a craigslist deal!

Comment

I bought mine on Overtons as well with a 20% off coupon, sign up for their email and they usually always have an email coupon going out, I also bought the small and it has had no problems holding my boat.

Comment

Just checked overtons. After 15% discount it's $136 with free shipping.

Comment

What about CARid.com? They have it for $112 and claim to be an authorized dealer....$123 after shipping...

Comment

I initially had a small for my 24V, and it would shift/break loose in windy conditions. I also had an oversized (10 foot) bimini, which probably contributed to the issue.

In any event, I ended up buying a large and haven't had any problems since (with either the 24V or RZ2). I kept the small to use for anchoring during quick stops while the large remains at the cove.

Comment

I have the small box anchor for 24' 6" boat...holds it really well and bought it on amazon. Even the small is pretty big in my opinion, large would be hard to store easily....but can tell you this box anchor is one of best investments EVER. Holds the boat on only 2ft out for every 1ft down...compared to a regular anchor where you have to pay out 3-5 times out for it to "grab". Dont know how anyone does that except in ocean....also lost 2 regular anchors the way they hang up under stuff. Would be hard to get this hung up and not be able to get it out. I figure it will pay for itself and think I paid $143 too with free shipping from Amazon (from iboats...so that is another place you could check pricing). When I bought it, it was the best price I could find.

Comment

I got the small on amazon for our rz2. Best anchor ever!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

I owe this post a thanks. I went to look at where I purchased mine from and realized that somehow I overlooked the fact that I got the baby box anchor. I ended up getting it online from Walmart. My 90 day return ends tomorrow. I would have totally missed that I did not get the small until it was definitely too late. Off to Walmart to get a refund on this one so I can purchase the small.

Comment

I have the small and it breaks loose constantly on our 20ft RZR. Every afternoon storm in Flroida in the summer I am out there resetting the damn thing. We keep our boat anchored in the lake when we are there. I have it in 3ft of water. Granted the bimini is up but it should hold a 20ft boat. Never does. Wish I had bought the large. Started using the old danforth again and it holds every time.

I only use the box anchor at the sandbar when we are there. I would never leave overnight again.

Comment

I would think in 3ft of water, you would have to pay out more line or every time your bow "bobs" up and down...it breaks the anchor free. But I am usually in deeper water so I don't know for sure, only speculation

Comment

Working...
                              X