No announcement yet.

Custom TV Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Yesterday I did a test run of the system I'm going to try first. Ended up using a ceiling mount attached to a block of wood. Wood is then held to the tower via some heavy duty ratchet straps. This way its very easy to take the TV off the mount and the mount off the tower. It actually came out really well. I had to cut the pipe part of the ceiling mount down to make the tv sit up close to the bimini. This actually made it a lot more stable. Overall I think this is going to work out great. A few thoughts...

1. Its rock solid. But I'm thinking about replacing the large wood screws holding the mount to the block with some large bolts. I don't think this is necessary. But it would just give me a bit more piece of mind.

2. I might add some sort of rubber layer between the wood and tower to prevent scratching. Honestly, its probably not necessary as its not moving around at all. But It will make me feel better.

3. I'll paint the wood block black to match the tower.

Even with the wires all over the place right now. It actually doesn't look half bad from the rear of the boat. Overall, it didn't even take very long to mount up. I'll be taking it on the water today to see how it performs.

IMG_2072.jpgIMG_2076.jpgIMG_2074.jpg
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Comment

That's amazing!!! Please tell me you're going through the tower speakers!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        That's amazing!!! Please tell me you're going through the tower speakers!
        It sure is! I've cleaned everything up and it really looks great. Took it out on the water and it worked perfectly! I'm really impressed with this mount. Rock solid.
        BABz - babzusa.com
        Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
        X