No announcement yet.

R23 Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 pitch prop if you do other things. 12 pitch prop if all you do is surf.

Comment

Seven year warranty? I was informed that the 7 years only applied to the power train.
      Paul Middlemore

Comment

7 year power train through Indmar as a boat show only incentive. Back to five years after your boat show. 5 year on tige specific parts. I believe the hull is still lifetime.

D- where do you live? I'm in Magna. Right on 45 minutes to every lake around.

Comment

Yep, I got that in writing prior to the purchase.
          Paul Middlemore

Comment

U - I'm in Draper so Willard seems like a more significant drive. Jordanelle and Deer Creek are both about the same from here. We usually follow the weather and deal with the mussels as needed.

PM - I got the same on the warranty from the boat show.

Comment

Did some poking around and think that I'll go for a 15 X 14.25 prop. ACME has them in .075, .105 and .150 cup. With everything else being equal, what it he effect of cup?

Comment

More cup = more low end torque = little less top end (which I could care less about personally).

Comment

How does an R23 with a power tower compare to a Z3 in price? A few years ago most of the price difference from an R20 to an RZR was erased if you put an alpha Z on the R20. Then add all the stuff to the R20 that is standard on the RZR and the price was the same or I believe more.

Curious if thats the case here also. I don't see the purpose of putting the expensive high end tower on an R boat. Then you have to add all the features that are options versus standard on the Z's and at that point what is the savings? Just curious?

Comment

I am late here but when did the R23 come out?? I didn't see it on the Tige website...

Comment

The first production R23e was as the Utah boat show and wasn't on their website then. The R23 (without the electric tower) was only mentioned to me on Sat at the dealer. I don't know the cost difference between them and didn't price the Z3. Personally I like the relative simplicity of the R23 -vs- the Z3 but the main difference will be in the dash and the amount of detail in the upholstery.

I found this on the tower actuators. They have internal locking and are rated for weights that far exceed anything they will see in this application. I think I'm largely done worrying about them... until mine break.
                      linak.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X