R23 Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R23 Design

How does this look? Comments welcome. Interior is mostly white/gray with small amount of beige accent (no pic yet)

Attach7368_20170217_105758.jpg

Personally, I LOVE it... but for what it's worth, your opinion (and your better half if you have one) is all that matters!

Comment

I would probably go with a white bottom and white trailer, but when it comes to boats, I am a white supremacist. What you have also looks very nice. I am very hip to that gold metal flake.

Is that a black stripe on top also? I would also change that to white. I think boats start to look wonky when there are 4 colors involved. This one has black, gold, white and gray. As far as color matching, it is better than the infamous 'rasta' Tige, but eliminating a color would make it just a little cleaner.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I'm liking it. Have to show mama this one. I agree with the white though.

Comment

Why only one tracking fin rather than three is this a new thing? Just curious.
          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
            Why only one tracking fin rather than three is this a new thing? Just curious.
            Allows the boat to "crab" with taps 3.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

I would actually prefer the white bottom as well but was told that R23 had to be black. I'll know more on that tomorrow.

Comment

Noah told me white wasn't a problem.

Order me the twin while you're there!

Comment

Adam told me today that there is an R23 that will have the white bottom and tube tower. This is actually the R23e (electric tower) and only comes with the black bottom.

We got the rest of the colors figured out and took a close look at the electric tower. it doesn't have a lock in the up position, but is driven by an electric ball-screw type actuator. in the case of electric failure, there is an access on the tower base with which to crank the tower up with allen wrench. The access was a stick on so I couldn't wee the details. Tower feels stout, but I'll be glad for a warranty. They have put all of their eggs in this basket so I hope the engineering has been done well. I also noted that the real board racks are horizontal when put out for use.

What prop to get for this boat? Powell, Utah Lake, Deer Creek, Jordanelle? 3600' - 6100'

I'm still waffling on replacing the gold fleck with aqua fleck. Both look fantastic IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by dreddy View Post
                    Adam told me today that there is an R23 that will have the white bottom and tube tower. This is actually the R23e (electric tower) and only comes with the black bottom.

We got the rest of the colors figured out and took a close look at the electric tower. it doesn't have a lock in the up position, but is driven by an electric ball-screw type actuator. in the case of electric failure, there is an access on the tower base with which to crank the tower up with allen wrench. The access was a stick on so I couldn't wee the details. Tower feels stout, but I'll be glad for a warranty. They have put all of their eggs in this basket so I hope the engineering has been done well. I also noted that the real board racks are horizontal when put out for use.

What prop to get for this boat? Powell, Utah Lake, Deer Creek, Jordanelle? 3600' - 6100'

I'm still waffling on replacing the gold fleck with aqua fleck. Both look fantastic IMHO.
                    I took this of my tower when at the factory. This should help you visualize how it works.

Comment

What is the reasoning between having a black bottom and the electric tower? I don't quite see any logic in tying those together to ease production costs or complexity. Black bottoms are terrible for seeing bunk marks and even a single beaching on soft sand in a pinch will show up on it.
                      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                        What is the reasoning between having a black bottom and the electric tower? I don't quite see any logic in tying those together to ease production costs or complexity. Black bottoms are terrible for seeing bunk marks and even a single beaching on soft sand in a pinch will show up on it.
                        I'm thinking he was talking about the black bottoms of the tower bases, not the black bottom of the hull

Comment

Don't destroy your awesome new boat by putting it in Utah lake! It's just way too shallow. Surfing is terrible anyways. Willard bay has worked well for us and is just as warm as Utah lake. Just be out of there before the sun goes down or the bugs get bad. The other local lakes are fine.
                          I have no input on prop. Adam should know that.

Comment

Unfortunately the black bottom with the electric tower was exactly what I was told. I agree on all of the above with respect to the issues with black. The local guys don't really have an explanation for it either. I think that the most probably issue is production lines in the factory. If all R23e's start with the black bottom, they can probably keep them all the same further into the process. Less specialization makes production costs go down.

Yes on Willard. My favorite late season lake and surfable in October. Utah lake can be really nice early in the season and surfable in big water years, which I hope this will be, and an hour closer.

Majestic... Thanks for the pic on the actuator. You can see what a simple mechanism it is. I'd love to be able to resolve the P/N on that thing. We could do a quick check on the specs, make some estimates on the forces involved and then 2nd guess the factory engineers. Anybody remember doing free body diagrams from physics or engineering classes?

Comment

Unfortunately the black bottom with the electric tower was exactly what I was told. I agree on all of the above with respect to the issues with black. The local guys don't really have an explanation for it either. I think that the most probably issue is production lines in the factory. If all R23e's start with the black bottom, they can probably keep them all the same further into the process. Less specialization makes production costs go down.

Yes on Willard. My favorite late season lake and surfable in October. Utah lake can be really nice early in the season and surfable in big water years, which I hope this will be, and an hour closer.

Majestic... Thanks for the pic on the actuator. You can see what a simple mechanism it is. I'd love to be able to resolve the P/N on that thing. We could do a quick check on the specs, make some estimates on the forces involved and then 2nd guess the factory engineers. Anybody remember doing free body diagrams from physics or engineering classes?
                              The tower is stout, from what I was told and my time spent with it last year I have zero concerns, plus I have a 7 year warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X