2017 Z1 Questions-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
    I Know that as a seller of multiple boats in past, I have had a couple people "lowball" me with an insulting offer...with buyer thinking we could meet in the middle later on and think the whole thing is a game. What resulted tho was me being pissed off to the point where if they had offered me more than my asking price after that initial insult, I would have told them to #&%* off! I am sure many dealers feel the same way and since you are likely to need service down the road or want to buy accessories, you would be crazy to think they wont forget that and "get you back" down the road when you are in a pinch and need a part badly so your weekend is not ruined. I always get the best deals by being respectful and spending some time talking and asking intelligent questions first. Dealer wants you to be happy with your buy, service your boat, buy boards and other stuff down road...so they will respect a decent offer. Tige is also a high quality brand and you get what you pay for! Another thing I have done that works well (including the new 2016 Z3 I just bought this past weekend)...was telling dealer that I was looking to buy a new, 2016 leftover at a great price and wanted to hear his offer. I feel like he gave me a pretty good price on 1st shot and it also let me know what would and would not be an insult and i also did a LOT of research before I went into the dealer so I was educated. I was able to get them down another 5% or so past that (cause of course they expect some negotiation and wont give you their best the first time as they are also feeling you out)....but when things were said and done, I am sure that we were both happy and both had respect for each other when we ended up shaking hands on it.
    Where do you find & do most of your research? Good websites, forums? When we purchase a car I usualldoblots of research etc but I have had a harder time finding the same info on boats. Maybe I am not looking in the right places.

Comment

www.seedelercost.com

Comment

I think MSRP for flake and fancy stickers is like $5000. Probably won't get $$ back on that but it sure looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
          I think MSRP for flake and fancy stickers is like $5000. Probably won't get $$ back on that but it sure looks good.
          I got both

Comment

Skisurf I am a phone call away and would be more then willing to spend some time with you talking about prices, different options and any other questions you have and Ill gladly do so without any expectations. I love to see people get into Tiges regardless of the dealer because it is such a killer brand.

So again Ill offer, call me with any questions and Ill gladly help you get going in the right direction.

714-306-3999
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
              Ummm - I'm confused. In this scenario, aren't the "deal makers" as you state, the same as the "both parties" chpthril states? If so, then you are not arguing chpthril's take, you are confirming it. Additionally, I would have to agree to disagree with your "go to your dealer and pick out your boat then seriously low ball him" statement. That might be a good approach for some, but I would rather do my research and approach it from a "Let's work towards a mutually agreed upon price". The "low ball until we meet" seems more suitable for a swap meet encounter. I guess it's just up to the person on how they want to approach the boat buying experience.
              Just because two people agree and shake hands does not make a deal a "good deal" as was stated. That's what I was getting at. I'm selling my boat tomorrow. It's a good (maybe great) deal for him. Less than for me. But the point is, it is only in the eye of the deal makers. In my eye, I'm not getting a good deal. In my eye, the buyer is getting a great deal. The buyers neighbor may think he got taken. The buyer will probably only know how good of a deal he got if he sells it down the road. In 2-3 years if he sells it and makes money, then I think he would agree that he got a great deal. If he puts the boat in the water next week and it sinks, probably not a good deal.

The low ball statement was more tongue and cheek. But in reality it is true. I'm sure every dealer has a line he won't cross in terms of how cheap he can sell a certain boat. It's been stated in another thread that of course the dealer is going to sell the boat for as high as they can. And why not? But the dealer has to sell boats. We do not have to buy boats. I think that gives us the upper hand. So why not try to figure out where that low ball line is?

Personally, Germaine has prices for me on three different Tiges right now. I am happy with all three prices and won't be negotiating at all. Maybe I'm getting taken. Maybe Noah won't be feeding his family. But he put out the number and I like it, so I feel like it's a good deal for both of us. Now if I could just figure out how to pay for one of them....

Comment

I think you have found a good dealer that you trust, no need to low ball if you trust the dealer.

ps, glad you sold your boat.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                X