Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Z1 Questions-

Hi.

We are seriously looking at purchasing the Z1 in the next month or so. We are a family of 6. Love to wakeboard, surf and one or two runs on a single ski. My questions are this. What is a "good deal" on a Z1? I've heard 20% off--is that invoice or MSRP? Are there any options that we should add? We've gone back and forth over a Mastercraft xt20 and a nxt. We love the GS20 but it's too $$$$.

Any other boat suggestions or things to consider?

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
      Where are you located?
      We are in Northern CA

Comment

My 17 Z1 w trailer was almost 85 if I remember correctly. Not really sure if that was a great deal or not. I know it will all depend on what accessories you order w it. My 13 z1 was 65 with trailer. I didn't have near the color options that I ordered with this one. On the 17 I ordered taps 3, my 13 didn't have any kind of surf system. It also came w electric tower and bigger engine. Those 4 things combined plus the natural increase in boat prices year to year would prolly account for the 20k In price increase over the 4 model years. The Z1 is an awesome boat. I have thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Also forum member Majestic just started a Z1 build, maybe he will chime in with some answers to your questions.
        Last edited by ChrisBarnes05-12-84; 02-13-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Im going to go ahead and apologize up front for being rude and offensive.

A good deal is one in which both parties agree on a price and shake hands. Expecting X amount of a discount off, is in other words, telling the dealer what you feel is an appropriate profit for the store to make. Am i saying just go in and sign on the dotted line..........no, by all means, go in and negotiate the best price you can. Hell, you might get 25% or 30% off, so the dealer would love to settle at 20% .

Good luck
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            A good deal is one in which both parties agree on a price and shake hands.
            No, I think that would just be a deal. A good deal is only in the eye of the deal makers. On a new boat, your local dealer has a monopoly. They can sell you the boat for whatever they want. If you want Tige, you can't shop around. In your area, a good deal for you may be MSRP. It may be "invoice". It may be 20% under. Who knows?
            I think it was someone on here that said something like this: " A good deal is one where both parties both agree, but are both a bit unhappy about it." I liked that. So go to your dealer and pick out your boat then seriously low ball him. Let him think on it a few days then go back in and start working your way up. Eventually he will agree to your offer.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              No, I think that would just be a deal. A good deal is only in the eye of the deal makers. On a new boat, your local dealer has a monopoly. They can sell you the boat for whatever they want. If you want Tige, you can't shop around. In your area, a good deal for you may be MSRP. It may be "invoice". It may be 20% under. Who knows?
              I think it was someone on here that said something like this: " A good deal is one where both parties both agree, but are both a bit unhappy about it." I liked that. So go to your dealer and pick out your boat then seriously low ball him. Let him think on it a few days then go back in and start working your way up. Eventually he will agree to your offer.
              Interesting take.
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                No, I think that would just be a deal. A good deal is only in the eye of the deal makers.
                Ummm - I'm confused. In this scenario, aren't the "deal makers" as you state, the same as the "both parties" chpthril states? If so, then you are not arguing chpthril's take, you are confirming it. Additionally, I would have to agree to disagree with your "go to your dealer and pick out your boat then seriously low ball him" statement. That might be a good approach for some, but I would rather do my research and approach it from a "Let's work towards a mutually agreed upon price". The "low ball until we meet" seems more suitable for a swap meet encounter. I guess it's just up to the person on how they want to approach the boat buying experience.

Comment

Different dealers have different overheads.

I'll agree with Mike.... too many variables.

Find a dealer you trust. Either you work with a dealer with a good reputation who won't hang you or you don't. The good ones have a reputation to uphold and that's that.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Research and educate yourself, or go/talk to a dealer that is willing to spend the hours with you to take you through that process. Some dealers truly care about you as a person and your family and the prospect of having a long term relationship.

For me, selling you a boat for an unreasonable amount and you feeling slighted is counter productive. I want you to keep buying Tiges, not just one and switch brands.

Think about that.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

They can sell you the boat for whatever they want.
                      Do they not have free market economies in UT? The dealer can list the boat for whatever he wants, but can only sell it at a price the buyer is "good" with

Tige wants dealers competing with other brands, not against other tige dealers. Believe me, when it comes down to who is willing to slice the thinnest deal to make the sale, nobody wins, not even the buyer in the long run. It protects the brand's value, trust me, its not to give any dealer a monopoly. Tige also wants the selling dealer to be the servicing dealer.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Unless you live smack in the middle between 3 dealerships with none of them in your state. That gives you a little bit of power.
                        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Either way SkiSurf wish you the best of luck with your purchase. The Z1 is GREAT boat and surfs very well hopefully you take your own approach to your purchasing method.
                          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I Know that as a seller of multiple boats in past, I have had a couple people "lowball" me with an insulting offer...with buyer thinking we could meet in the middle later on and think the whole thing is a game. What resulted tho was me being pissed off to the point where if they had offered me more than my asking price after that initial insult, I would have told them to #&%* off! I am sure many dealers feel the same way and since you are likely to need service down the road or want to buy accessories, you would be crazy to think they wont forget that and "get you back" down the road when you are in a pinch and need a part badly so your weekend is not ruined. I always get the best deals by being respectful and spending some time talking and asking intelligent questions first. Dealer wants you to be happy with your buy, service your boat, buy boards and other stuff down road...so they will respect a decent offer. Tige is also a high quality brand and you get what you pay for! Another thing I have done that works well (including the new 2016 Z3 I just bought this past weekend)...was telling dealer that I was looking to buy a new, 2016 leftover at a great price and wanted to hear his offer. I feel like he gave me a pretty good price on 1st shot and it also let me know what would and would not be an insult and i also did a LOT of research before I went into the dealer so I was educated. I was able to get them down another 5% or so past that (cause of course they expect some negotiation and wont give you their best the first time as they are also feeling you out)....but when things were said and done, I am sure that we were both happy and both had respect for each other when we ended up shaking hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skisurf View Post
                              Hi.

We are seriously looking at purchasing the Z1 in the next month or so. We are a family of 6. Love to wakeboard, surf and one or two runs on a single ski. My questions are this. What is a "good deal" on a Z1? I've heard 20% off--is that invoice or MSRP? Are there any options that we should add? We've gone back and forth over a Mastercraft xt20 and a nxt. We love the GS20 but it's too $$$$.

Any other boat suggestions or things to consider?
                              Our Z1 is on the production line right now. So many things play into price. The Z1 comes pretty loaded already, but start adding flake gel, stereo it adds up pretty quick. I would say between $85k and $90k with trailer depending on options is a good place to be .

Comment

Working...
                              X