Utah Boat Show and Water sports Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisBarnes05-12-84 View Post
    There's not any locking mechanism that I can remember. Haven't been around boat since September though. I would definitely be surprised if there are many failures with this tower. Like has been said already it is an extremely solid tower, the first one I've ever been around that didn't budge even a tiny bit when pushing or pulling on it. Never know though I guess.
    Keep in mind, how solid the tower is when upright has nothing to do with the electrical component failing. MC's tower was very solid until one of the electrical actuators failed, then one side became floppy, ruining your day on the water.

How much is the upgrade to the power tower? IIRC, it was like an 8K option on MC. If Tige made it affordable, and the boat is still usable when it fails, this is a great move.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Standard option on our Z3, didn't even see a choice not to have it powered. Bringing it home tomorrow, will take some pics of the guts of the movement if I can

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
        Keep in mind, how solid the tower is when upright has nothing to do with the electrical component failing. MC's tower was very solid until one of the electrical actuators failed, then one side became floppy, ruining your day on the water.

How much is the upgrade to the power tower? IIRC, it was like an 8K option on MC. If Tige made it affordable, and the boat is still usable when it fails, this is a great move.

It was not an option when I ordered my Z1, it came standard. Go check one out. I think you'll like it. There could be some sort of mechanism that locks it, but I really didn't think so.

Comment

IMG_0192.jpg
          There is no latch that I can see or I am aware of

Comment

Look at the other side, I could swear I saw a hook of some sort.

Comment

I'm going to crawl around one at the dealership on Sat. and see what it looks like.

Comment

No hooks that I can see, both sides look the same.

The 'click' that you hear when it's up is just the motor reaching its stop I think.

Looking at the angles, I don't think there is too much stress back toward the actuator when the tower is up; it has to pull it back before there's real pressure on it. But I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I took physics in college...

Comment

Working...
                X