No announcement yet.

Utah Boat Show and Water sports Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the sticker on that one was mid $84k. But they call that one an R23e because of the power tower and it had the nicer seat, so it was a bit more expensive that what a normal R23 would be. It also has a trailer that looks very similar to that Z3 you posted, with nice wheels on it. So lots of options for $84k. It was also a boat show price with some savings included.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      I think the sticker on that one was mid $84k. But they call that one an R23e because of the power tower and it had the nicer seat, so it was a bit more expensive that what a normal R23 would be. It also has a trailer that looks very similar to that Z3 you posted, with nice wheels on it. So lots of options for $84k. It was also a boat show price with some savings included.
      Power tower? Did they not learn anything from MC?
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by dreddy View Post
        We just started a purchase of a gold flake and white R23. Can anyone talk me out of that color?

Good show this year.
        I love that color. And it is something unique. I haven't seen any of that from other boatmakers yet. I am sure it will be coming if it sells well.

Unstuck, I would keep mama happy and not hesitate to get the 'vivid sand'. An all white boat with some gold metal flake would look super clean.

Comment

Dont know anything about the MC tower. The Tige tower is pretty nice. It powers up and then you hear it click and lock into place. I grabbed the top of it and shook it and couldn't get it to budge. Seemed very solid for a boat show test. Who knows what will happen on the water.

Comment

Dreddy, get that boat and get pics up asap! Maybe we can do the same boat and get buy on get one free!

Comment

I've been trying to get something that looks like it done on the tige design web page, but they don't have the R23 there yet and the Z3 doesn't have the same design options. We basically are planning on optioning it like the one at the show and I've got to get down to the dealer to finalize a few things and colors. They are having their grand opening this weekend so that should be fun. 2 for 1 would be great. I'll be sure to ask them. Did you decide to pull the trigger on the purchase?

tall... I'm a little worried about the tower as well. MC's issues were most of a decade ago if I remember correctly so hopefully the industry learned something from that design. MC is back in that business so apparently it can be done. With my storage situation it will be a great feature and I really like the option to trailer with the tower down and covered. Let my crap tow vehicle take all the abuse on the road. Good for mpg? Probably in theory only.

Comment

I can't make a decision until my money situation is cleared up. Was supposed to happen in December. Hoping for no more than one more month. I'm really undecided on a new r23 or used 2016 z3. The z3 has already taken a good hit and I think will hold a higher value longer. Plus I'm worried that by next month Tige will be backed up well into summer for builds. That's a problem. My boat sells tomorrow. May have to "demo" boats from Germaine for a few months.

Comment

Come for a drive up north Ill give you a great deal on a nice r20 in trade for something bigger

Comment

Originally posted by dreddy View Post

tall... I'm a little worried about the tower as well. MC's issues were most of a decade ago if I remember correctly so hopefully the industry learned something from that design. MC is back in that business so apparently it can be done. With my storage situation it will be a great feature and I really like the option to trailer with the tower down and covered. Let my crap tow vehicle take all the abuse on the road. Good for mpg? Probably in theory only.
                    In 2011, MC came out with a new power tower. It is not a lot more reliable than the old. It is pretty difficult to find any dealers that encouraged their customers to order them ever since. Last time I was at an MC dealership, they told me they do not order them, period. Did they have any power towers at the boat show? I think they still offer it, but when the actuator/solenoid/whatever failed, the tower became useless. Usually that happened to just one side, so then one side of the tower was floppy, while the other was solid. I think with some intelligent engineering, most towers can be lowered with one person, even loaded with speakers, so a power version is not necessary. I hope that Tige has engineered theirs so that if the electric part fails, you could still lock both sides into place by hand and not lose your days on the water. If it does not have some sort of manual override, then I would stay away.

Comment

All of the above are questions that I need to settle for myself before sale is finalized. I completely agree on all points.

Comment

Before ordering our Z3, I looked at the E2 tower pretty closely, knowing the history of the MC towers. There are a few key differences.

The Tige tower uses on a linear actuator, no gears connected to the tower itself. Also, the weight of the tower is never on the actuator. When it is moving, all the weight is on the pivot, which is fairly beefy imo. When fully raised, all the weight is off the actuator; the tower is resting on a solid support to the rear and the pivot point in the front, so all the load is placed on a very solid block. If one actuator were to go out, the other could lift it into the solid upright position until it can be replaced.

I did some swinging pull-ups on it and I couldn't get it to wiggle, squeak or anything. Even when down, it feels very solid.

When I unwrap and get a close look at ours this weekend, I'll take some close-up pics of the mechanism.

Just my opinion and assessment; with a five year warranty, I'm not losing any sleep over it. It will be a remarkable improvement over the Metcraft on the 22v we traded in...

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                          Power tower? Did they not learn anything from MC?
                          I literally verbatim said that to the Tige rep that was at our boat show. He pointed out a few key differences in the towers:

MC Tower: The tower folded back towards the transom which meant when the tower was locked up, all the weight/pressure of pulling people was being applied to the actuactor's, etc. That is what caused that tower to fail.

Tige: Their towers fold forward so when in the up and locked position, there is 0 pressure on the pieces that fold the tower.

To my simple mind it makes sense but obviously time will tell....

Comment

Is there some sort of locking mechanism? Even if the tower is not resting on the actuators, per se, they are still stopping the tower from folding forward.

Comment

There's not any locking mechanism that I can remember. Haven't been around boat since September though. I would definitely be surprised if there are many failures with this tower. Like has been said already it is an extremely solid tower, the first one I've ever been around that didn't budge even a tiny bit when pushing or pulling on it. Never know though I guess.

Comment

As I recall I saw a good sized hook under the tower legs. As the tower reached the full up position I heard it click into place. I'm guessing there is an actuator that the hook locks onto preventing the tower from falling forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X