No announcement yet.

New prop time. 2016 Z3 with 440

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you determine your tops speed and WOT rpm? is the 2247 what ACME suggested based on that?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No. Did not do the WOT thing. I just "know" that the 2419 is way too aggressive for what I want. The real question is should I go from a 12 pitch prop to a 14 pitch or to a 15.75 pitch prop. Acme and wake makers both recommended the 14 pitch prop. Sooo....went with the OJ 14 pitch prop. I did pay $50 extra bucks for the ability to return it if not satisfied.

Anyone know the gear reduction on my V drive?

Comment

Never mind. It's 1.5:1.

Comment

So, OJ 948 s a great prop thus far. Effortless surfing with 3 dudes, max ballast and 300 lbs lead. That said, it would not plane with that Amount of ballast. As far as ballasted wake boarding, I'm not sure I will ever use it. The wake is plenty big even without ballast. I can get clean wake at 20 MPH with zero ballast. Have to go up to 22 with a bit of weight.

I would love to try out a 15 pitch prop

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
            So, OJ 948 s a great prop thus far. Effortless surfing with 3 dudes, max ballast and 300 lbs lead. That said, it would not plane with that Amount of ballast. As far as ballasted wake boarding, I'm not sure I will ever use it. The wake is plenty big even without ballast. I can get clean wake at 20 MPH with zero ballast. Have to go up to 22 with a bit of weight.

the 2419 and oj945 have both been great. the 2419 is a monster..
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

So I need a new prop that will hit 34 MPH at a reasonable rpm. My current on 2419 (15" x 12v with 0.075 cup) is great for everything up to 15 mph. We live, for the most part at 18-33 mph.

My current prop is going about 4200 rpm at 30 mph. I'd, kinda like about 33 mph around 3600-3700 rpm....if that's possible.

Sooo, that said, any advise on props? I'm gonna call Acme Monday but wanted to get your opinions first.

How about the primary goal you set out to hit?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X